Packer Remorse

old abe

Yeah, well, whoa is me, as I'm in Packer remorse today. :( However, I'm very happy about how the season turned out. I'll not make excuses, but I don't think the Pack played as well in Frisco, as to how they played in Dallas. Every game is different, however I can't help but think Jordan Love just didn't have the same "game on" as what he did in Dallas. Make no mistake the Niner's are one Full of Talent football team, and earned every bit of their win. For sure next year looks to be good in Green Bay, and lets not forget Detroit!

indy_500

Lots of thoughts on that one. As much as I was screaming to get rid of the guy, Joe Barry called a good game and put together good game plans in the last month. MLF’s play calling was as good as it can get down the stretch. This team completely overachieved and hard to be upset. But, Tough games against tough opponents, every play matters, including every field goal!! Our so called kicker had one of the worst field goal percentages this season. He also lost us some games earlier in the season, in which we may not have been a 7 seed because of… also that 4th and 1 spot was BS, should’ve been a 1st down, not to mention San Fran was offsides on that play and it was missed!! Could’ve been a completely different game… we also dropped 2 easy interceptions… Last but not least, I was a Love hater coming into this season. AR gave us many years of excellence. He gave Packer fans something to cheer for year in and year out for MANY years. Our fan base was downright spoiled. I still think the way we went about it, we did him dirty. We were inches from a Super Bowl a few years in a row and Gutey didn’t want to do anything about it. Although he is looking pretty bright for his moves after this season, I sure hope my place of employment doesn’t kick my @$$ out the door and leave half the people talking $#1+ about me the way this team and this fan base has! As for Love, he had some impressive flashes early on, and then the wheels fell off mid season. I was ticked. As fans we were all frustrated. Then came the late season burst of MVP like ball, leaves me very excited for the future and glad to have #10 under center. Still frustrated with minute left he flung it recklessly into the air, had plenty of time to still work your way down the field, but happy for him and this young team to have gotten this far!

Last edited:

pclark

Lots of thoughts on that one. As much as I was screaming to get rid of the guy, Joe Barry called a good game and put together good game plans in the last month. MLF’s play calling was as good as it can get down the stretch. This team completely overachieved and hard to be upset. But, Tough games against tough opponents, every play matters, including every field goal!! Our so called kicker had one of the worst field goal percentages this season. He also lost us some games earlier in the season, in which we may not have been a 7 seed because of… also that 4th and 1 spot was BS, should’ve been a 1st down, not to mention San Fran was offsides on that play and it was missed!! Could’ve been a completely different game… we also dropped 2 easy interceptions… Last but not least, I was a Love hater coming into this season. AR gave us many years of excellence. He gave Packer fans something to cheer for year in and year out for MANY years. Our fan base was downright spoiled. I still think the way we went about it, we did him dirty. We were inches from a Super Bowl a few years in a row and Gutey didn’t want to do anything about it. Although he is looking pretty bright for his moves after this season, I sure hope my place of employment doesn’t kick my @$$ out the door and leave half the people talking $#1+ about me the way this team and this fan base has! As for Love, he had some impressive flashes early on, and then the wheels fell off mid season. I was ticked. As fans we were all frustrated. Then came the late season burst of MVP like ball, leaves me very excited for the future and glad to have #10 under center. Still frustrated with minute left he flung it recklessly into the air, had plenty of time to still work your way down the field, but happy for him and this young team to have gotten this far!
Good analysis

old abe

I, personally was very glad to see the Whacked Out, Domineering, Prima Donna Rodgers go. His last few years were very trying in my book . He had some of the very best years of Packer football, and a whole lot of that success was due to him! However, it was time for Aa Rod to go else where. His arrogance prevented M LaFleur from being able to do what was needed, and best for the Packers as a team. I'm over joyed that J. Love got his chance before he became stale. I realize my statement here will pee a bunch of people off. So be it, but it's, my opinion, and is many others also. We will always be very grateful for the many outstanding years the Packers enjoyed with Rodgers at the helm!! Now, lets get the best we can get from J. Love. I'm impressed with Love not being afraid to spread the ball around. As to many of his receivers, 9 of them Sat. night!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Before the season started, I looked at it as a New Beginning with the departure of Rodgers. A new season that would tell us what we had going forward with Love and I think that question has been answered. We also learned we had an outstanding group of receivers and a coaching staff that knows how to use them. I foresee the Pack on a lot of prime time games next year because of the way they ended this season. That, and Love seems to be a media favorite. One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is....the Defense and the lack thereof. When compared to the remaining team's defenses, Green Bay ain't there yet. At best, they can hold their own. At worst, they're outclassed by the Niners, Bills, KC, etc. Could be coaching, could be culture, whatever it is, they need to find the answer and fix it!

old abe

Before the season started, I looked at it as a New Beginning with the departure of Rodgers. A new season that would tell us what we had going forward with Love and I think that question has been answered. We also learned we had an outstanding group of receivers and a coaching staff that knows how to use them. I foresee the Pack on a lot of prime time games next year because of the way they ended this season. That, and Love seems to be a media favorite. One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is....the Defense and the lack thereof. When compared to the remaining team's defenses, Green Bay ain't there yet. At best, they can hold their own. At worst, they're outclassed by the Niners, Bills, KC, etc. Could be coaching, could be culture, whatever it is, they need to find the answer and fix it!
Yeah, well, okay on the defense needing attention gary. However, they won at Detroit, pretty much shut Dallas down at home, and the Niner's didn't exactly have a walk in the park being at home either! Players like McCaffery, sooner, or later are going to break out, and get loose. That's who they are, and why they are what they are. All 3 of those teams are truly explosive on offense! Just my opinion.

whitedust

Beginning of the season all the talking heads said the North sucks worst division in the league yet ended up with Detroit playing for the NFL championship and Pack making it to the second round of the playoffs 👍 The Bears played the Pack tuff last game of the year so imo the North has 3 young talented teams that are going to win some games next season and have a few epic battles. Can’t wait should be fun👍

goofy600

Abe, correct the last few games they played really good teams and the defense did well. That being said the defense still cost them. If Joe Barry could have had the defensive playing that way all year the pack wouldn’t have been the 7 seed, they have talent they just need a real defensive coach that knows how to coach they not one that takes 14 weeks into the season to figure it out. I’m just afraid that they will only look at the last few games and Joe figured it out when really it shouldn’t take that long. He has to go and a real defensive coordinator needs to get brought in.

timo

Welp just throw this game on the scrap heap of playoff games we played better for 58 of 60 min.
The Pack lost that game in the first quarter not because we missed a FG. Should of been up double digits at end of first quarter.

old abe

Abe, correct the last few games they played really good teams and the defense did well. That being said the defense still cost them. If Joe Barry could have had the defensive playing that way all year the pack wouldn’t have been the 7 seed, they have talent they just need a real defensive coach that knows how to coach they not one that takes 14 weeks into the season to figure it out. I’m just afraid that they will only look at the last few games and Joe figured it out when really it shouldn’t take that long. He has to go and a real defensive coordinator needs to get brought in.
Perhaps so goofy600? However, the entire team improved to the better as the weeks passed. This is the first year for many of the players, perhaps patience will pay off? Don't get me wrong, as I'm always for improvements. The Pack sure surprised many who are supposed to be in the know, eh! I'm excited, liking what I see! I'm of the opinion that it has a lot to do with Matt Lefleur being able to do what the team needed, and doing his way.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - Reports Wednesday morning indicate the Packers are moving on from Joe Barry as the team’s defensive coordinator.

Barry has been in charge of the Packers defense since 2021.

Over the last three seasons, according to Pro Football Focus, Green Bay has had a top 10 passing defense under Barry’s scheme.

However, the Packers rushing defense has been among the bottom 10 teams for two consecutive years.

There is no word yet on who might fill the now-vacant position.