Packers & 49ers: Thoughts?

whitedust

Spot on you are whitedust! However, now Rodgers can be considered somewhat "damaged goods", eh! So, what can they for him? Whether he can comprehend it or not, HE RODGERS lost that game! It reminds me of a couple of other of his playoff loses.
Rogers is still the gold standard of QBs looking at his body of work not just 1 game. Imo it’s very exciting to see the harvest the pack gets for him and where he goes. If had to match him up the best coach is Payton both have the same mind set and don’t like taking their foot off the gas pedal. Also puts Rogers in a dome out of cold weather. That is if Rogers doesn’t choose to retire.

mezz

The Gold Standard of Quarterbacks IMO are Patrick Maholms & Josh Allen. Quality in all aspects & far superior to Rodgers or Brady.

rph130

Unfortunate as it may be, this is what to happens to the Packers when they have a head coach thats focused on being a cheerleader along the sideline for the crowd instead of worrying about simple things for the special teams like a field goal or getting a punt off without having it blocked. Head coach means ultimate responsibility. We can blame Rodgers and everyone else on the team but LaFlower is hopping around waving his arms trying to get the crowd into the game like an idiot. His regular season winning percentage means absolutely nothing when he has been a complete playoff failure. Vince Lombardi has to be asking himself what LaFlower was thinking.......again.

G

G

That WAS the Superbowl last night. kC cruises from here. Mahomes will score whatever is required. And it won't take long. Rodgers not in Mahomes league anymore. He is 13 years older than Mahomes and Josh Allen and Joe Burrow who is also pretty good. Anybody that would give more than two first rounders is crazy. The biggest reason he is so hyped is his many divisional titles. But he has played his entire career in a horrible division.

whitedust

That WAS the Superbowl last night. kC cruises from here. Mahomes will score whatever is required. And it won't take long. Rodgers not in Mahomes league anymore. He is 13 years older than Mahomes and Josh Allen and Joe Burrow who is also pretty good. Anybody that would give more than two first rounders is crazy. The biggest reason he is so hyped is his many divisional titles. But he has played his entire career in a horrible division.
Bengals have to stop dropping Burrow straight back and sacked 9 times. Poor kid is getting mashed! Bengals could get blown out by KC Andy Reid a better coach and Mahomes is best QB in NFL.

old abe

The Gold Standard of Quarterbacks IMO are Patrick Maholms & Josh Allen. Quality in all aspects & far superior to Rodgers or Brady.
Ahhh, yeah, well, they are Young too, eh! How about Matthew Stafford, he had Bratty Brady's head ready to Explode! I really enjoyed the facial expressions shown on Brady's face numerous times Saturday! Loved it!

mezz

Don't get me wrong, I think Stafford is a real good QB, he has grown over the last few years & has found a much better nucleus with the Rams. It's too bad it couldn't have been that way with the Lions. He had a good game against the Buc's as he has had for a majority of the regular season & I loved the fact that he wiped that arrogant smirk from Brady's face. Maholms & Allen put on a clinic on Sunday & IMO are just a cut above. The next games will be interesting.

old abe

Don't get me wrong, I think Stafford is a real good QB, he has grown over the last few years & has found a much better nucleus with the Rams. It's too bad it couldn't have been that way with the Lions. He had a good game against the Buc's as he has had for a majority of the regular season & I loved the fact that he wiped that arrogant smirk from Brady's face. Maholms & Allen put on a clinic on Sunday & IMO are just a cut above. The next games will be interesting.
Agree on all, Spot on mezz!