Park view Hotel in Twin Lakes

jjohns32990

The Mosquito is a great. 16 mile to the SW The Pit Stop in Greenland will be opening in mid December for breakfast, lunch, dinner. If all stars line up in Lansing we will have the liquor license soon...

scottiking

Last summer a young lad won a bid for Jake's Bar in Twin Lakes and has been in there working quite a bit!
He is a 16 year old young man and I believe his dad is helping in the remod!
When I talked to him last summer he and his dad were thinking about making it a snowmobiler's cabin of maybe re- open as a bar!
I haven't talked to him again but I hope they make it a bar again! could be a fun stop!
Not sure if anyone knows what direction they are going with it!
I have his number so maybe I should give him a call
Time will tell!

Scottiking OUT

carman_65

Yeah it's too bad this place closed down. From a customers view, it was hard to beat. It was an all-in-one place to stay....clean rooms, restaurant, bar, pool/hot tub, and gas station right across the street. It was really nice coming in after a long day of riding and being about to order a good meal, relax in the tub, and drink all you want without having to worry about getting back on a sled. The employees were always very friendly but we kinda got a vibe from them that the owners were not well liked around town or with the hotel staff. I suppose that's why no one else is helping to keep it open for them while they are laid up. It's just unfortunate that such a nice place has to sit empty during the busiest time of the year.

D

Deleted member 10829

The Mosquito is a great. 16 mile to the SW The Pit Stop in Greenland will be opening in mid December for breakfast, lunch, dinner. If all stars line up in Lansing we will have the liquor license soon...

jjohns32990,

I'm assuming your the new owner of The Pit Stop? Welcome to the site, I see this is your first post. We will stop in often. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

garyl62

jjohns32990,

I'm assuming you the new owner of The Pit Stop? Welcome to the site, I see this is your first post. We will stop in often. :)

Was thinking the same about all three points. Wondered if you'd be doing breakfast, will be sure to stop in and talk a bit. So tell us a little more about what you're doing, Kip says you've been working hard at it!

Damn, I should have bought the Golden Harp back in 2006 when I had a chance. Had a boy in high school at the time, would have been a tough transition for him.

Oh well, it was not meant to be. God always has a plan.

HH

Additional places to stay in Twin Lakes...Yooper Lodge, they have a cabin sleeps four, bungalow sleeps 6 or 8 and the lodge sleeps up to maybe 14.....

Wyandotte Hills Resort...4 cabins.........And north of town about 10 miles D's Base Camp 4 units, 2units sleep 6/8 ? 2 units 8/10 ?

Krupp's Resort numerous cabins,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Krupp's Mini Mart gas, food, liquor all kinds of supplies and a small eat in area for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
And the premium gas is non-ethanol.

ezra

When it gets overcrowded they just let the cat, doo, and Yamaha riders wait outside. They're used to waiting anyways.
at least u admit u drive a slow unreliable pos

- - - Updated - - -

Where is a close place to stay relative to the parkview?
Thanks
krups or the cabins at the golf course just down the rd from krupps are nice and she never busts my balls for catching the power line out. http://www.wyandottehills.com/

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Poor ezra. I did not realise mountain sleds were suppose to be fast? I thought they were for carving up deep snow like a hot knife through butter, which my 2300 mile, no issues whatsoever, 2012 pro rmk 800 does very, very well. Hopefully you wake and baked this morning so you are in a better mood.

D

Deleted member 10829

at least u admit u drive a slow unreliable pos

- - - Updated - - -

ezra, I know it's a different motor, but what are you hearing about the new Polaris 800 HO?

Dsbasecamp

We still have openings @ D's Base Camp have added a 2 bedroom house to the mix .. sleeps 4 or 2 couples nicely ... filling up fast .. we at the Bug are preparing for the influx in customers Don & Donna

racerxnet

Hi Don and Donna,

Will there be another invasion of the LeeTards coming your way? Hope all is well and see you soon.

Mark