Parking for a Cause

kip

As you all well know parking can be a issue at times in the U.P. when going sledding, and a lot of places are starting to charge daily fees for that parking. We just purchased 3 acres in Greenland last summer and we've removed trees, leveled it, and graveled it. We put over $20,000 into this parking with snowmobilers in mind. Here's my idea and I want to call it parking for a cause. If any of you have input please feel free to post it. My plan is to put a donation can on the counter at Pat's Motorsports and label it parking for a cause. I thought we could collect donations and each month give them to a different non-profit or cause. Maybe churches, cancer association, elderly in need, and such things that may be happening during a critical time for people. I thought this way sledders would feel like they're supporting a great cause and ultimately feel good about giving for the daily spot. What do you all think? I'm pretty excited about it!!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
As you all well know parking can be a issue at times in the U.P. when going sledding, and a lot of places are starting to charge daily fees for that parking. We just purchased 3 acres in Greenland last summer and we've removed trees, leveled it, and graveled it. We put over $20,000 into this parking with snowmobilers in mind. Here's my idea and I want to call it parking for a cause. If any of you have input please feel free to post it. My plan is to put a donation can on the counter at Pat's Motorsports and label it parking for a cause. I thought we could collect donations and each month give them to a different non-profit or cause. Maybe churches, cancer association, elderly in need, and such things that may be happening during a critical time for people. I thought this way sledders would feel like they're supporting a great cause and ultimately feel good about giving for the daily spot. What do you all think? I'm pretty excited about it!!
Excellent Idea!

Fantastic way to raise some money to help others!!

Our group will see you at your open house event and as always, we are looking forward to it!

euphoric1

Kip, is there a children's hospital or Make A Wish have an active chapter in the area? just tossing ideas for donations to

hermie

That is an excellent idea. Krupps has a donation box for parking plus a small building to gear up in. I know we take advantage of that a couple times of year and always donate. It's nice having the building to gear up in. Next time we will just stop a little sooner and donate for a good cause.

indy_500

That is an excellent idea. Krupps has a donation box for parking plus a small building to gear up in. I know we take advantage of that a couple times of year and always donate. It's nice having the building to gear up in. Next time we will just stop a little sooner and donate for a good cause.
Krupps is now mandatory $20 to park.

snobinge

I would make the donation as easy as possible…Venmo/PayPal. Why not donate the funds to local snowmobile clubs? Clubs are going to continue to face more and more challenges like they did this year with Snow River and will need the funding.

kip

All good ideas and anyone is free to gear up right in our showroom or wait area. Lots of people do that.

Last edited:

moose822

This right here is why you have the reputation and following that you do. This doesn't go unnoticed. Another poster already mentioned it but setup a paypal or a venmo so people can donate after hours or just because they want to.

rv245

Great idea

If possible maybe split the donations up between one local/regional and out of area. That way it helps a charity close, but also one say maybe out of state. Might not be as much but every little bit helps along with helping 2 charities instead of 1. A sign for donations is a fantastic idea and if possible list where the donation is going, make it simple to change out the charity.