parkview restaurant

larboc

Sign says closed with no reopening date. Are they closed for good or just for the season? Know when they are reopening the restaurant?

bonnevier

Plenty of businesses, resorts, establishments do the same...close up for a month or so and head out of town for a much needed break and some warm weather!

I'm sure someone can chime in specifically on the Parkview

D

Deleted member 10829

The last time I was there in February, the lady that seemed to be the manager told us they re-open right after Memorial Day. I thought it was weird that they wouldn't be open for that weekend, but she said tourists don't start coming up until after that. I'm sure many wait until the kids are out of school.

ezra

I thought it was up on the block for something like 1.4 or 1.6 mill
good luck with that one. those are some big payments on a place with a 3 mo window at best to make any real money

garyl62

All info from the rumor mill, but I heard the family that built it are successful loggers, the parents built the place, now the kids have told them they are not interested in running any longer it so mom and dad want out. Listed at 1.5 mill, had an offer for 1.1 or a million and said no. Always close just before the end of March and open for the summer again. Used to be busier but then more things around started closing so the local business stream started drying up. Someone said there was more businesses in the area a while back that resulted in some out of town business travel coming (mining work) and that has stopped so now they are only open for the main tourist crowds.

I seriously thought about buying the Golden Harp back in 2006. The price and location was right, but I was afraid the local economy was going to be an issue for a business that far away from the Houghton market.

HH

whitedust

I seriously thought about buying the Golden Harp back in 2006. The price and location was right, but I was afraid the local economy was going to be an issue for a business that far away from the Houghton market.

HH
Lots of boonie biz in UP is seasonal or should be seasonal. Think of snomo trails as main roads bringing lots of tourists thru & when snow melts the roads close & your access to the market goes bye bye. To me the Parkview is doing the right thing open when money to be made closed when no revenue to keep the lights on. Sad but true.

The area around the Park view has lots to offer, state park, golf course, three inland lakes and Superior... but if nobody is showing up until after Memorial Day, why stay open? Personally I would be opened on a limited basis for Memorial weekend, the camp grounds will have some people in to cater to.

HH

whitedust

Had a bud that owned a motorsports biz in WI. He knew what products sold at what time in seasons & what hours on what days it paid to have lights on & hours of each day that were losers & winners. I was working on my sled in his service area on a Sunday when biz was closed with my son inlaw & the biz phone was ringing off the hook. People were saying I know you are in there open up & sell us this & that... I explained that we were doing service on our sleds & no one from the biz was working we would like to help but could not. We were in there for 2 hours & stopped answering the phone tried of being bitched out. I told the owner of all the sales action & he said he knew but didn't care wanted Sundays off.lol