Plastic scratch removal

crskidoo

After wiping down my sled a few times I noticed lots of very small scratches. Being black doesn't help. Is there some kind of plastic wax I can buy that will remove these little annoying scratches? Also, I'm looking for something to do a better job cleaning then sun of a gun or armor all. Thanks, Chris

doo_dr

Pledge and a flannel towel for buffing/waxing. It does wonders on plastic and helps keep snow from sticking to the sled.

As for generic cleaners, I like SIMPLE GREEN and GREASED LIGHTNING. There are many others out there but IMO these are the best bang for the buck.

ezra

best fix for a small scratch is a high speed off trail ride through the woods. nothing makes a small scratch disappear like a huge gouge or crack from bouncing off a mighty oak,or tons of small ones from going through the sumac.

polarisrider1

Bubble wrap your sled. or do like indy does, put a sticker over the scratches. Use a black fine tipped permanent marker and fill in the blanks. Paint in a pen works wonders.

fgsacts

best fix for a small scratch is a high speed off trail ride through the woods. nothing makes a small scratch disappear like a huge gouge or crack from bouncing off a mighty oak,or tons of small ones from going through the sumac.

Pretty much what I was going to suggest, LOL.

crskidoo

Lol! Just what I needed after hanging with the family. Thanks for letting me down easy. You know it's one of those questions you dont with out getting a little s@&$. Since I don't have any snow to bust plastic I'm trying to think up reasons to stand next to it and have a few beers. Merry Christmas all. Think snow. Chris

catalac

Lol! Just what I needed after hanging with the family. Thanks for letting me down easy. You know it's one of those questions you dont with out getting a little s@&$. Since I don't have any snow to bust plastic I'm trying to think up reasons to stand next to it and have a few beers. Merry Christmas all. Think snow. Chris
Hey, I have to go visit my parents in DeWitt, I'll bring some beers over, and we can stand around and bitch about no snow!
I have alot of friends in DeWitt also.
We need to get some snow so we can ride down old 61!!

indyxcr

use www. Auto Magic products bc1, or bc2, base and clear plastic scratch removers.

They have all kinds of products you can buy for your car waxes cleaners everything, 10 times better than anything you can buy in a store.

I use these products on my sports car, SUV, 2009 800 Dragon, 2011 800 PRO R Rush, snowmobile.

The best thing is my sled looks perfect also when it snows the snow falls of the sled and does not stick.
only 8 to $12 a bottle for these products.

They also have a product called Magic dressing spray it on the seat it will have the wet gloss black look same with the black gas tank, much better than armor all.

If you want the best look for your car or sled use these products.

hothyfax

I have good luck with the product, PLEXUS.It comes in a spray can and is a cleaner/polish,and was developed for the aircraft type plexiglass and plastic.Works very good and a little goes along way.Do a searce for it.