Polaris 2023

SledTL

Well someone hit the post button before they should have. 850 boost for Indy and Assault trail sleds. Not the 4 stroke turbo I was hoping.

indy_500

If ya want a 4 stroke, Doo has the bases covered!
Polaris released a new 4 stroke “pro star 1000” 90-100 hp drive by wire electronic throttle and 3 driving modes eco standard and sport sound familiar? LOL. New lightweight 900 in the mountain segment factory boosted 2 stroke trail sleds SP models now in the matryx chassis Polaris really went all out, did not see this many changes coming but none of this matter if they can’t deliver the sleds before Xmas.

trebsdub

but none of this matter if they can’t deliver the sleds before Xmas.
I was notified by my dealer today that my 2022 is built and loaded on the truck, that was the good news the bad news was they are struggling with drivers so it may take a couple weeks to get here. If I will be able to take it for a ride this winter remains to be seen.

snobuilder

Polaris released a new 4 stroke “pro star 1000” 90-100 hp drive by wire electronic throttle and 3 driving modes eco standard and sport sound familiar? LOL. New lightweight 900 in the mountain segment factory boosted 2 stroke trail sleds SP models now in the matryx chassis Polaris really went all out, did not see this many changes coming but none of this matter if they can’t deliver the sleds before Xmas.

sound familiar?....yes....paint it yellow and its a doopy ACE....LOL
Add EPS and 30 to 40 HP and it sounds like a 2016 vector. Piss off on the silly 3 mode DBW that no one uses after the novel first 10 miles of break in and it sounds like my 2012 Vector....LOL

Last edited:

dfattack

sound familiar?....yes....paint is yellow and its a doopy ACE....LOL
Add EPS and 30 to 40 HP and it sounds like a 2016 vector. Piss off on the silly 3 mode DBW that no one uses after the novel first 10 miles of break in and it sounds like my 2012 Vector....LOL

Not sure if the "3 mode DBW" is the driving mode option but if so I disagree. I actually do use it and didn't think I would. The ECO is definitely nice while loading the trailer or in and out of the garage. I have epoxy on the floors and there are way less skid marks on the floor since using ECO.

Hoosier

Polaris released a new 4 stroke “pro star 1000” 90-100 hp drive by wire electronic throttle and 3 driving modes eco standard and sport sound familiar? LOL.
That's some good stuff. I was wondering when someone would copy that idea. I figured Yamaha could do if they still had interest.

Eco is nice for kids.

1fujifilm

sound familiar?....yes....paint is yellow and its a doopy ACE....LOL
Only $16,500 too (650 motor is same price as new 4 stroke).

I noticed Doo kept MSRP's about the same as 22 but Dealers stopped discounting sleds and are going with MSRP and even higher.
Poo went up a few grand in the top end 850's (and $4,000 more for a Turbo 850)..dealers better still offer discounts on Poo or they will be substantially more expensive than Doo.
A 23 Doo 850 Gade X Pack was $14,749 plus $400 commodity charge (bologna charge).

Bear

snobuilder

Not sure if the "3 mode DBW" is the driving mode option but if so I disagree. I actually do use it and didn't think I would. The ECO is definitely nice while loading the trailer or in and out of the garage. I have epoxy on the floors and there are way less skid marks on the floor since using ECO.
Only a Doo guy will act like they need less power...the world is certainly changing.....lol....Your wokism is showing.

Hoosier

Was curious about the poo 4 stroke since I like the doo 900 for kids, even though I'm not a doo guy. The doo 900 is 497 lbs. The poo is a porker at 594. That's a lot of extra weight to push around with 90 hp. By comparison the same sled in 600/650 is 470 for doo and 474 for poo. I'm sure all the reviews will be positive but I'm skeptical.

1fujifilm

Was curious about the poo 4 stroke since I like the doo 900 for kids, even though I'm not a doo guy. The doo 900 is 497 lbs. The poo is a porker at 594. That's a lot of extra weight to push around with 90 hp. By comparison the same sled in 600/650 is 470 for doo and 474 for poo. I'm sure all the reviews will be positive but I'm skeptical.
If those stats are legit, stay with Doo..at least it is proven technology.

Bear

indy_500

I pulled the same numbers from their site. 120 lb increase for the 4s. Was kind of excited about it at first but If that’s the case, for a 90 hp sled, forget about it.

Hoosier

I pulled the same numbers from their site. 120 lb increase for the 4s. Was kind of excited about it at first but If that’s the case, for a 90 hp sled, forget about it.
Yeah I'm wondering if it's an error. Can't see how that engine adds 120 lbs over the 2 stroke if doos adds 25.

snobuilder

Yeah I'm wondering if it's an error. Can't see how that engine adds 120 lbs over the 2 stroke if doos adds 25.
Seriously these sleds need to be weighed in... or could a Doo guy please explain the lack of 120#'s vs the new Polaris.....this ought to be good....LOL...kinda like a pro Joe thread starter... Jen? please circle back on the weight....LOL
Engine_1000S-ProStar_Engine.jpg

ski-doo-ace-900-four-stroke-engine.jpg

Last edited:

old abe

As I said indy, Doo has the 4 stroke market very well covered. As in multiple models, power ranges, with outstanding fuel economy, and with bullet proof reliability, like it, or not!

old abe

Hoosier, it's all due to product engineering, design, and development, as modular composed products, from the get go. Such as sleds, ATV/UTV, watercraft, and etc. Not a "use existing products project".

goofy600

As I said indy, Doo has the 4 stroke market very well covered. As in multiple models, power ranges, with outstanding fuel economy, and with bullet proof reliability, like it, or not!
No, they have pulled it out of the short track and the 137 is a no go for the wife so the 4s is out. I would just like to know why and I’m not talking the 180hp version so not a power thing.