Polaris 2023

attakman

No, they have pulled it out of the short track and the 137 is a no go for the wife so the 4s is out. I would just like to know why and I’m not talking the 180hp version so not a power thing.
Hmmm...why is a 137 a no go? Just curious as it's only 2 lugs more on the ground than a 129....the 4 strokes have better balance, and ride in the longer chassis.

attakman

No, no, no clearly your compliance to the new Doo order brings with it a secure group think warm fuzzy feeling that is natural as things appear to get more chaotic....LOL ....

Gender neutral Doo owner
furiosa.jpg

All others
a347b4212165c1ef16dcf02ecd69bff187-20-mad-max-set.rsquare.w700.jpg
yes I think we all know yamaha could cover the 4 stroke market with a NA 998, and a low boost 998...and they already had their electronic throttle, and it worked well (very well calibrated, better than ski doo's itc IMO)...but will they do it? highly unlikely...polaris's 4 stroke is an embarassing effort if they thought this will compete with ski doos 900 ace....and BTW...Iuse all three modes on my 1200 all the time love it

goofy600

Longer tracks will push more in the corners and have a heavier steering feel that a 129 ever will, not going into a big long setup debate, but my wife has tried my renegade a few times and just likes her 129 better. I wish I had both a 129 and a 137 depending on where I am riding for the day and trail conditions. Just my and her 2 cents.

whitedust

I pulled the same numbers from their site. 120 lb increase for the 4s. Was kind of excited about it at first but If that’s the case, for a 90 hp sled, forget about it.
I’m very happy Poo has FINALLY entered the 4s market! In the past Poo factory reps didn’t even want to talk 4s so I wrote them off from consideration. Unfortunately with weight numbers close to 600lbs for 90hp it again doesn’t seem like a competitive design. I’ll be watching see what Polaris does in the 4s future and wondering why Polaris decided to go 4s since a complete change of direction for them???

sMgE46M

something interesting - I had heard (we all know how well that goes) polaris did not allocate any RMK orders to the midwest. Someone on a different site mentioned he tried Kens and they cannot order him a mountain sled (now before we get into a debate and how they are not necessary around here <idc> - some people in the midwest only ride out west) - im not ordering anything but curious if someone could confirm as its interesting - maybe Kip?

Last edited:

old abe

No, they have pulled it out of the short track and the 137 is a no go for the wife so the 4s is out. I would just like to know why and I’m not talking the 180hp version so not a power thing.
Agree with that, like a 129 skid 4 stroke!

old abe

Bi
Could be straight out of the XP 1000 Ranger.

Bear
Yeah, well, say BINGO, eh fuji! Thus, the plus 120#! Ahhhhh, as Poo tried this "FIT TRICK" before? Such as the Poo FS/FST, Weber 750 engine? Weber well informed Poo that the 750 engine was not designed, or intended as a snowmobile engine. I remember that did not work out so well what so ever! Wishful thinking is a proven failed business model.

Last edited:

old abe

yes I think we all know yamaha could cover the 4 stroke market with a NA 998, and a low boost 998...and they already had their electronic throttle, and it worked well (very well calibrated, better than ski doo's itc IMO)...but will they do it? highly unlikely...polaris's 4 stroke is an embarassing effort if they thought this will compete with ski doos 900 ace....and BTW...Iuse all three modes on my 1200 all the time love it
Yamaha, by their own "choice", lost interest, and chose not to build snowmobiles! And they are not going to build snowmobiles! However, they did lie about it, as in a "All new, All Yamaha snowmobile, 10 years ago!. Sad, but so it is!

old abe

I’m very happy Poo has FINALLY entered the 4s market! In the past Poo factory reps didn’t even want to talk 4s so I wrote them off from consideration. Unfortunately with weight numbers close to 600lbs for 90hp it again doesn’t seem like a competitive design. I’ll be watching see what Polaris does in the 4s future and wondering why Polaris decided to go 4s since a complete change of direction for them???
Remember the last shot Poo took with the 4 stroke sleds? The Weber 4 stroke engines in the FS/FST sleds?

garageguy

Hahaha I've got 20,000mi.on my 06 fst. Still goes well past a 100.
Haven't been that bad of a sled after all the updates were done.

old abe

Hahaha I've got 20,000mi.on my 06 fst. Still goes well past a 100.
Haven't been that bad of a sled after all the updates were done.
I'm glad to hear that, good for you! I knew of 4 of the FS that were total disasters, 3 turbos, 1 NA.

Hoosier

Got pulled over by a dnr guy on one fst's in northern wisconsin, probably 10 years ago. Never seen before then. Was very late at night and we were crossing a lake that ends up by a cabin we were staying at. Guy caught up to us fast - I remember being surprised his fan stayed on after the engine was off. Figured he was checking to see if we were drinking or something.

snobuilder

Bi

Yeah, well, say BINGO, eh fuji! Thus, the plus 120#! Ahhhhh, as Poo tried this "FIT TRICK" before? Such as the Poo FS/FST, Weber 750 engine? Weber well informed Poo that the 750 engine was not designed, or intended as a snowmobile engine. I remember that did not work out so well what so ever! Wishful thinking is a proven failed business model.
Drop your political speak and explain where this engineering marvel of a ski doo is 120# less than any other 900 to 1000cc 4stroke....including my 2012 Vector. Drop your senile Doopy suckassing BS...LOL
I doubt you have a real clue.

2 Cylinder vs.
Engine_1000S-ProStar_Engine.jpg

3 cyl....120 # less vs ^^^^^^....LMAO...you'd have to be a simple minded senile dimwhit to believe that bulls cht....but then again some a you dummies are wearing masks right now aren't you dooopies....LOL
ski-doo-ace-900-four-stroke-engine.jpg

Last edited:

snobuilder

Got pulled over by a dnr guy on one fst's in northern wisconsin, probably 10 years ago. Never seen before then. Was very late at night and we were crossing a lake that ends up by a cabin we were staying at. Guy caught up to us fast - I remember being surprised his fan stayed on after the engine was off. Figured he was checking to see if we were drinking or something.
They were impressively fast.

snobuilder

Umm they DID cover the 4 stroke market and as the the other 3 attempt to come close to what Yamaha developed, the turd followers look like idiots...thank gawd for compliant sheeple who buy into any group think BS they get a warm fuzzy from....LOL

xsledder

Drop your political speak and explain where this engineering marvel of a ski doo is 120# less than any other 900 to 1000cc 4stroke....including my 2012 Vector. Drop your senile Doopy suckassing BS...LOL

2 Cylinder vs.

3 cyl....120 # less vs ^^^^^^....LMAO...you'd have to be a simple minded senile dimwhit to believe that bulls cht....but then again some a you dummies are wearing masks right now aren't you dooopies....LOL
He cannot help it being from Kentucky you know. (South of US RT 30.)

old abe

2 Cylinder vs.

I already explained it in post #19? Seems your comprehension skills are way over whelmed by wishful thinking, political bias as to sled brands. It's well displayed in your posts.

xsledder

Hoosier, it's all due to product engineering, design, and development, as modular composed products, from the get go. Such as sleds, ATV/UTV, watercraft, and etc. Not a "use existing products project".
You did not explain anything. All you gave was some vague mumbo jumbo and claim you are talking intelligently.