Polaris 2023

whitedust

Remember the last shot Poo took with the 4 stroke sleds? The Weber 4 stroke engines in the FS/FST sleds?
Yes I do remember the Weber glow in the dark fst and all the recalls and updates. I thought that experience is why Polaris didn’t continue their 4s development plus they said the 4s market was unsustainable. In their view anyway ,I thought you needed 4s and 2s to compete and it now appears Polaris is back. Seems like a heavy low powered 4s beast so I’m puzzled at this development. Maybe it gets 30mpg and handles well despite the weight. I’m trying to understand but if Polaris is serious about 4s this time the sled will have to do something well to justify the weight difference with competitive 90 hp 4s units.

attakman

Umm they DID cover the 4 stroke market and as the the other 3 attempt to come close to what Yamaha developed, the turd followers look like idiots...thank gawd for compliant sheeple who buy into any group think BS they get a warm fuzzy from....LOL
I know I owned several...yamaha makes great engines (have always said that)...what they have NEVER done is build a sled that rides or handles worth a chit...that vector/nytro/viper motor is a great engine....they just didn't ride or handle like a DOO....we can't keep a 900 or any of it's turbo variants on the showroom floor...as soon as they come in...they are sold...like I said...yamaha could have put a 998 NA, and 998 low boast turbo out with a new chassis, and they'd sell like hot cakes..but they didn't and they won't...you are more likely to see an electric sled from yamaha than you are any new model to target specific markets

timo

How many decades is it now that Ski Doo has been living rent free in your noggin'?
No, no, no clearly your compliance to the new Doo order brings with it a secure group think warm fuzzy feeling that is natural as things appear to get more chaotic....LOL ....

Gender neutral Doo owner
furiosa.jpg

All others
a347b4212165c1ef16dcf02ecd69bff187-20-mad-max-set.rsquare.w700.jpg

xsledder

snobuilder ... I guess his answer is magical fairy dust from BRP's heinie. (How can you comprehend something not articulated. Lack of communication falls on the messenger.)

snobuilder

snobuilder ... I guess his answer is magical fairy dust from BRP's heinie. (How can you comprehend something not articulated. Lack of communication falls on the messenger.)
Group think mask wearing without question is a direct parallel to ski doo ownership. ...Less HP is better. mushy DBW is better. EPS is not needed and owning the same sled as the other sheep, priceless.

Will anyone of the doo lovers on here step up and defend the Ski doo ace 900 listed weight vs what the new Polaris is listing? ....Timo, Old Lib, White dust?, Attackman?....LOL put up or shut up.

G

G

Anybody able to actually order a pol? Around here the dealers don't even know their allotments yet. Won't even take money?!?!?!

xsledder

snobuilder ... the weight of 900 Ace engine is listed as 56 kg or 123 lbs. While, I am finding threads that the Polaris ProStar 4 engine weights in at around 120 lbs. So, you are right, the engines weight basically the same. Common sense and critical thinking leads one to believe that there is no way the 900 Ace engine can be 120 lbs. lighter than the ProStar 4 engine. The weight savings is coming from the sled itself. So, Ski-doos are built with thinner or lighter materials or less of something somewhere to achieve the weight saves. Or, Ski-doo's marketing department is lying about their weights. (I believe the later.)

pclark

I have had a 3 Polaris, 2 Yamaha, and now a Ski Doo 900 Ace. I love the sled and the way it rides, price that I picked it up for in this day and age was awesome. Who really cares what you ride as long as you like it? My dad could beat up your dad if he were only alive!

Oh, I have never owned an Arctic Cat but again who really cares. If I won one from a raffle I would ride it and it would probably be great.

eagle1

Anybody able to actually order a pol? Around here the dealers don't even know their allotments yet. Won't even take money?!?!?!
Sadly that's a question we probably won't ever know in this thread.🙄

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
something interesting - I had heard (we all know how well that goes) polaris did not allocate any RMK orders to the midwest. Someone on a different site mentioned he tried Kens and they cannot order him a mountain sled (now before we get into a debate and how they are not necessary around here <idc> - some people in the midwest only ride out west) - im not ordering anything but curious if someone could confirm as its interesting - maybe Kip?
Pat's Motorsports were allocated RMK's, I don't know how many, but, they are all taken.

snobuilder

snobuilder ... the weight of 900 Ace engine is listed as 56 kg or 123 lbs. While, I am finding threads that the Polaris ProStar 4 engine weights in at around 120 lbs. So, you are right, the engines weight basically the same. Common sense and critical thinking leads one to believe that there is no way
the 900 Ace engine can be 120 lbs. lighter than the ProStar 4 engine. The weight savings is coming from the sled itself. So, Ski-doos are built with thinner or lighter materials or less of something somewhere to achieve the weight saves. Or, Ski-doo's marketing department is lying about their weights. (I believe the later.)
You may have misspoke that I am saying the engine weighs 120# less, of course it is the sled weights we are talking about as well as the fact that the doo faithful would believe that load a garbage....LOL...and as flimsy as the doos might be made.....tracks, skis, suspensions clutches, chain cases, chains etc, etc are all relatively the same weight between manufacturers. In fact Polaris chassis weights are some of the lightest.

That being said, I am in no way saying that Polaris simply trying to match what Ski doo brought out several years ago is a smart move.....fercrying out loud buy an engine with some HP from Yamaha and stuff it in your chassis....I'd buy one/....LOL....Yamalaris

Last edited:

goofy600

Snowblower you are asking the wrong people about the weight or these sleds I doubt any one one this sight has the proper scale to weigh a sled much less have access to the new poo to weigh it and compare. Now I would think poo would be able to get a Doo 900 and weigh it and call bs if need be. So just take it for what it’s worth and believe what you want and for god’s sake ride what you want and have fun!🤪

whitedust

You may have misspoke that I am saying the engine weighs 120# less, of course it is the sled weights we are talking about as well as the fact that the doo faithful would believe that load a garbage....LOL...and as flimsy as the doos might be made.....tracks, skis, suspensions clutches, chain cases, chains etc, etc are all relatively the same weight between manufacturers. In fact Polaris chassis weights are some of the lightest.

That being said, I am in no way saying that Polaris simply trying to match what Ski doo brought out several years ago is a smart move.....fercrying out loud buy an engine with some HP from Yamaha and stuff it in your chassis....I'd buy one/....LOL....Yamalaris
No idea what’s going on with Poo 4s just what they tell us. Obviously Yamaha asked Polaris if they wanted an Oem relationship and there was no interest. Believe me they all talk look for opportunities especially Yamaha. I guess I see the Poo 900 as a 4s start no one knows how committed they are to 4s maybe yes maybe no. Time will tell.

xsledder

Yep, the best information I can find is the Ski-doo 900 Ace weights about 85 lbs less then the equivalent Polaris ProStar 4 according to the manufacturers listed weights. However, I don't believe the weights listed by any manufacturer.

sMgE46M

Pat's Motorsports were allocated RMK's, I don't know how many, but, they are all taken.
sounds good! thought it would be odd - thinking maybe this person either was just late to reserving or if dealers place orders by sales people so they can turn and sell them on showroom floor - ive seen several dealers do this (thus depleting their "allocated inventory")