Polaris 600 edge tech tips

simonsr1

Thats what I thought, I double checked my carbs, I did drop the main jet 1 size to a 420, I dont know if I want to go any leaner on the main, It seems everytime I go on a trip its 10 to 20 below zero for at least 1 of the days. If I get out again, I'll mess with the needle, I would buy the holtzman product, but Im starting to look for a new sled, then I will probably get that. with the holtzman product, how hard is it to set up, do you have to keep an eye on piston wash? or once its set up your done.

thanks

also what was your top speed on your 01 600, mine is about 82 mph. with a gps, it pulls really good untill about 60 and then slowly to 82

simonsr1

THANKS CRAVEN, Ill give this a try, as you said, im also looking for hard accelleration, I like being able to pull my buddies out of the hole

I know everybody says that the speedos are off, but mine reads just a little higher than my gps, speedo 85, gps 82

is that because of the track im using?

Hoosier

I'm intrigued by that ATTAC kit....pardon my ignorance, but would it be easy to install on a 600 Fusion also?

Thanks.

kraven700

Holtzman ataac

I'm intrigued by that ATTAC kit....pardon my ignorance, but would it be easy to install on a 600 Fusion also?

Thanks.

VERY E-Z, kinda like that gal in High School, lol

Less that 1 hour even if you've never done it before.

Need to drill 2 holes in the air box to mount the (2) components, and one in the carb lid (for a vacuum source)

Contact Barry Holtzman in Eagle River Wisconsin, he actually answers the phone, a fuel system guru.

I personally purchased one of these units back in 2002, let it sit on the shelf for a season before I installed it, surprised something that "basic" in appearance could work so well.

Improves throttle response, mileage, performance.

After the install, set your MAIN jets and needle positions to the recommended setting for MINUS 20* Farenheit !!!

I installed the ATAAC on my (2) EDGE's and 3 of my bud's EDGE's that ride in our group.

As stated, BEST BANG for the BUCK on a carbed sled, period!

Last edited:

Hoosier

Forgot to tell you, thanks for the info. If I stretch out my Fusion 600, I will probably do this upgrade also, so it is ready to go at different altitudes.