Polaris Indy 600

My son rides a 2003 Skidoo rev 600. I want to upgrade him and am looking at 600 etec 2010 or 2011. For the same money I could also get him into a 2015 Indy 600. Don’t know much about this sled. I have owned all brands just never Polaris. Tell me what you know about this sled? My son is 14 years old.

snowchief

Bought a 2015 indy 600 sp for my wife before the winter last year, also bought it for me to bomb around on once in awhile, the only upgrades I made to hers were the mirrors, taller windshield, and the body flares, all to make it warmer, we have put on roughly 1000 miles on it maybe more and so far it has been great I like jumping off my axys 800 switchback and running that once in awhile the ride doesn't really compare to that but it rides great plenty of power in my opinion if I never have been spoiled by riding what I do now I would be all over getting one for myself the only negative for me abut the sled is the track I will eventually put a little more aggressive track on it, it hooks up great on hard pack but too loose in the looser conditions, for the price you can't go wrong with this machine, I have never ridden the ski doo you are mentioning so my thoughts are pretty one sided

Thanks for the input, I have been riding skidoo for a few years now and would prefer a skidoo since I'm familiar with the machine and doing maintenance. The price of the Polaris have me thinking about it. But I would also like to put him on a longer track than a 121 because I feel the ride better.

ezra

14 ha
yeah he is getting to the age where he will be totaling sleds some what regularly . keep him on cheep chit

Very true Ezra, I’m hoping used prices drop a little more in the coming weeks so it will be an easier decision on what to buy.

rp7x

I just got my 12 year old grand son a03 600 rmk 144 / 2 , my budy had it and said I could have it for a grand , I let him chew on it for about a month to be sure he was good about it what a kid sled

rp7x

Started on a et 250 when he was 7 , that first year he put 400 miles on , he rides pretty well ,he just passed his safety course we rode 30 miles of trail last nite

Last edited:
I have 2 15’ Polaris Indy 600 SP’s that I bought for my daughters new in 15’ , they each have over 2500 miles on them and with no issues ! They both have upgrades heated shield plugs / studs down the center / Guanlets / mirrors / tunnel bags so no complaints from the 2 Daughters ! They use very little oil compared to my 16’ 800 and the fuel is always less at the pump too

Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like a pretty solid sled and motor. It’s on the top of my list and would give me a chance to finally try a Polaris. I’m a Skidoo guy for the last 7 years.

ezra

I am sure you were, because back then you got to rock the one piece snowmobile suit with all the patches! Nothing like that nowadays.

oh so you think lol.
about 8 yrs ago I saw HMK had a demo 1 piece at the snow x
talked with the guy he sold me the 1 he had there . wanted it to bring up on a guys trip I had a lady sew a bunch of the old patches I had collected .
the boys were rolling when I walked out sporting the old school 1 piece . I have worn it to a few vintage events and that weekend . to hot for me . now almost every one of those guys is sporting the new style light weight shell 1 piece suits fxr/motorfist lol

oh back then I did have a custom painted helmet big green metal flake with gold metal flake 1/8 wide flames and ezra in cursive in gold flake just over the visor. my old mans bud/painter panted me a new custom lid about every 3 yrs growing up .

jetrep

I've had way more ski-doo sleds than anything else. Newest was a 2005 MXZX 800. I recently picked up a 17 Indy 600 SP. The sled is a total blast. It doesn't dart like that last few Doo's I've ridden. The injection is way better than the carb on the 600 Doo Sport I rented a couple years ago. If you need the absolute smoothest ride the Indy isn't it but it's still good and the sled is an absolute blast. A 14 year old would be perfectly happy with the ride. I'd buy it again for sure. I'm faster in the twisties on the Indy than I am on my Pro-S 800