Polaris Iq sway bar?

teamlipske

I have a 07 Iq Polaris 600 with a 144 track. Wondering if anyone has taken the sway bar out of their iq? Mine broke, I musta picked up a rock cutting through iron county powder! Anyway, if I replace it I will probably go with an eBay special. Does anyone know if all the iq sway bars are the same? Should I just run my sled without it? I ride about 70% on trail and 30% off. She seems pretty soft and tippy with it out.

xc500mod

I'm one of these guys that runs without a sway bar.

I have a 2001 XC 500 Mod sled. Performance exhaust, Can, Reeds, Boost-Bottle and a right Sided late model red trailing arm with updated performance emblems. It also has a custom crank by Ross Schmidt. We cut the sway bar out of that thing. It really sits into the turns after that. So, I would have to tell you it's something to think about.

I love it and would never go back. But... that is with the Edge chassis.

I also have a 2010 IQ 600 with a newly extended skid/tunnel (all custom) to handle a 144'' track. I have not yet cut the sway bar out. I hesitate with the IQ. They are a bit more nimble than the edge and I wouldn't want that nimbleness to translate to instability in the turns.

The last thing to consider... you ride Iron County. In one weekend you can go from icy conditions with blown out corners on the trails to Steep and Deep Powder.

I would ride without the sway bar. You'll probably get more compliments, ooohs and aahhs, and attention from the ladies when you're at the bar. Especially in Iron County.

XC500mod

ezra

sway bars are just training wheels once you dump them u never go back.
u have to be more of a driver than a rider with out a sway bar. but who drives a 2s and sits on the seat and stays planted any way.Dump it

xc500mod

sway bars are just training wheels once you dump them u never go back.
u have to be more of a driver than a rider with out a sway bar. but who drives a 2s and sits on the seat and stays planted any way.Dump it

I second that.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are 70% on trail, leave it in. I ran mine with, and then a whole year without, and it was a handful on the trail at speed. 07 RMK 600 155".