Polaris wont't ilde

wfd123

Have a 2004 Polaris xc600 that won't idle when you take the choke off. Even after it is warmed up and you take the choke off it falls on it's face and shuts off.

BoondocknREV

pilot jet prolly plugged doesnt take much or maybe cables out of adjustment. one chunk of dirt and she runs crappy. hope it helps.

simonsr1

Take the carbs apart and clean them, make sure you blow out all of the passages with compressed air, both ways, 1 little piece of dirt can clog up a jet.

Polarice

My carbed 600 07 iq won't start without me giving it an 1/8" throttle after its warmed up after sitting for a few minutes. This happened after the carbs were cleaned. This is why I dislike carbs and am 100% for fuel injection.

Why would it do this? I don't work on carbs I just have others work on them. Is there a screw to turn or some other ancient crap to work with?

indy_500

My carbed 600 07 iq won't start without me giving it an 1/8" throttle after its warmed up after sitting for a few minutes. This happened after the carbs were cleaned. This is why I dislike carbs and am 100% for fuel injection.

Why would it do this? I don't work on carbs I just have others work on them. Is there a screw to turn or some other ancient crap to work with?
Could adjust air screws, fuel screws, could need a new needle/seat, lots of possiblities. I say just deal with it if the plug color looks good and seems to run fine LOL I like fuel injection also but if I didn't get to play around with carbs all winter long, I think I'd get bored...

Polarice

Could adjust air screws, fuel screws, could need a new needle/seat, lots of possiblities. I say just deal with it if the plug color looks good and seems to run fine LOL I like fuel injection also but if I didn't get to play around with carbs all winter long, I think I'd get bored...

Carbs are for sissies!

mride460

I would start by cleaning the jets.. 9 of 10 times this has fixed the same problem for me, especially if its the first run of the season and it hasn't been done yet...

Skinnyj63

Agree with mride if this is the first start of the season then the carbs are most likely you problem . Old gas from sitting in them for the summer can cause this issue. Start by cleaning the carbs