polish flags

14snow

I'm from Chicago.I am beyond sick of these so called AMERICANS flying their polish flags.WHY?????????????If their country is so great go home!!!What ever happened to flying the STARS AND STRIPES??? I know I am offending people but I DON'T CARE.Have some respect for the country you live in.GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

windingtrailgal

Well, snow, the Polish people are proud that THEIR Pope, John Paul II, was beatified...almost the final step to making the Pope a saint. That's an amazing feat considering most folks don't get beatified until they are dead for 200 years or so?!? (don't be quoting me on statistics...just generalizing?!) So the Polish community is PROUD! as well they should be.

I get what you're saying about flying the red, white and blue...but this is a HUGE deal for the Polish people. And honestly? After hundreds, if not thousands of years, of their country being in the middle of Europe and Russia (today's maps) and living hellish lives that forced them to stick it out and starve/go through a living **** or leave, they SHOULD be able to have a little pride considering their history. Most Polish people I know still love their homeland but had to leave...they love America too...but for most that I know, leaving wasn't their first choice.

JMO (disclaimer: I'm not Polish)

blkhwkbob

There are houses around me that fly the Polish flag every day of the year. No US flag, just Polish. On July 4th, Memorial Day, and Veterans' Day? You've got to be kidding me.

I always tell my Polish neighbors that if some of them would stay in their country instead of running to America, they could someday straighten it out. That always goes over big.

I hope people realize that while everyone makes a huge deal about Mexican immigration, the Europeans are sneaking in here by the boatload and taking away well paying jobs like carpentry, plumbing and construction. All you have to do is go to any Polish deli in the Chicago area and I bet you half the shoppers are here illegally. They just work for cash only and the government doesn't catch up with them until they find a way to scam a green card.

racerx

Wait until September 15 & 16, a NAFTA country's Independence Day, altho it seems to be not as bad as previous years.

My family is pure Polish but when my great grandfather came over he did not allow anyone in the family here to speak Polish it was forbidden and back in those days you followed the elders words w/o question. I do not know the whole story about it but part of it was due the Polish government taking a lot of our families land away, so there was no love-loss for our country of origin.

EDIT: This is to the first post:

Wow, bitter much? You must be 100% american indian to be able to say something like that. Otherwise we are all from a different country. I was born in Wisconsin but can trace my roots back to Europe just 100 years ago. This is too good of a country to tell people they can't fly the flag of their heritage. If you don't like it move into a cave and fly your flag.

I agree with the poster above about being racist. This country was built on having individual rights and even though there are things that make my blood boil (like burning the american flag for instance) I know that it is part of what makes our country great. If you want to live where the only flag you can fly is the "official" flag, move to China, they'll tell you what you can and can't do.

swampcat

WOW- what dont you people understand. If you are going to fly ONE flag. IT BETTER be RED, WHITE, BLUE. If you want to fly a SECOND flag, go ahead, just make sure it flys UNDER the AMERICAN ONE. I LOVE MY COUNTRY-ITS THE GOVERNMENT I CANT STAND !!!!!!

windingtrailgal

bonn, Oooo...polish sausage is GOOD! And perogies are a fav of mine and the family!!

snow monkey - the Christmas lights year round make you a true blue American redneck! :D

polarisrider1

I am probably the only japanese polish redneck logged on at this time!

I will vouch for snow monkey. I am also a half and half. Half Dutch/half German. I am currently looking at my neighbors torn and tattered Red, white and blue that survived the winter. GUESS I need to go point it out to them and hope they aren't packing. (They are Irish/Indians).

scott_l

WOW- what dont you people understand. If you are going to fly ONE flag. IT BETTER be RED, WHITE, BLUE. If you want to fly a SECOND flag, go ahead, just make sure it flys UNDER the AMERICAN ONE. I LOVE MY COUNTRY-ITS THE GOVERNMENT I CANT STAND !!!!!!

x2

it has nothing to do with being racist, it's just about showing respect for the country the WE ALL HAVE THE CHOICE TO LIVE IN.

I don't care what race you are, what color you are, what religion you are or who your bed partner is. Just show respect for my family and country and it's a plus if I don't have to support you.

scott_b

If you fly one flag it better be American, if you fly 2 flags the second one better be below the American flag. Nuf said.

racerx

bonn, Oooo...polish sausage is GOOD! And perogies are a fav of mine and the family!!

I actually find TRUE polish sausage kind of bland, give me something made here or better yet a Johnsonville. Now perogies on the other hand that is a different story, those made anywhere are generally pretty darn good!!