Possibly getting back into the sport. Ski Doo guys-need input

I've been out of actually owning a sled for almost three years now. I miss it a lot. It IS expensive, but is also a lot of fun in the winter months. Looking at a 2011 Ski Doo MZX TnT 600 carb with 3800 miles on it. Has Curve skis on it and is studded. Very clean. Anyone have experience with these? I've always had Arctic Cat before. The guy has given me a fabulous price on it. So low I won't divulge it, unless I don't buy it from him.
Thanks.

ezra

what is a fab price? I have a 15gad sport it is fine but was not very $$ new under 7k with a 3yr e start and a cover ,has a bit of a hard throttle pull . the motors are pretty durable . that said any 2stroke around 3800 mi at least needs a peek in to the top end and a good going over . best be well south of 3 grand

- - - Updated - - -

also as a cat guy you prob forgot the joys of draining carbs for storage I did and they are a pita to get to in the doo . also the 600carb has that hanging idol thing a lot . I find my self flipping the choke a lot when coming to a stop that I know we will be there for a bit .

Ezra,
Thank you. He is not south of $3000. Just north of it. Never thought of the carb issue. I had carbs on my first two Cats, but the last was EFI. Hmm. Maybe not such a smoking buy.

dothedoo

The 600 carbed Doo motor has been around for nearly 20 years, and is dead nuts reliable. I would say, no chance of having to look at the top end of that thing until at least 10,000 miles. I haven't really looked at used prices lately, but off the top of my head, a TNT model with those miles for $3,500 seems pretty reasonable.

homan

That is a very reasonable price for a 2011 TNT 600. The motor as said above is very reliable. Clean the carbs and go.

T

Tracker

dude you had EFI...batteryless I assume...and now you want CARBS...seriously Sheldon???? you want I should sell you a beautiful 1979 carbed vega....or a modern efi CAMRY???? think Sheldon... think...and not to long either before that sweet deal on a used carbed sled is up....and another thing...do carbs and sweet deal go together? side bet fellas...I give him one month before he starts the awesome youtube videos aboot this heap....er I mean....deal....ROTFLMAO

harski

I've had 3 carbed 600's and 1 carbed 800 and never had a problem. Solid motors as others have stated. Always had the carbs cleaned each fall and of course stable in the spring when pickled. I tend to lean on the side of caution and fill my tank every chance I get, even at night, to keep the condensation out of my tanks too. Plus, I can just get on and go in the morning without having to stop right away!! Good luck with your decision!

Harski

Last edited:

wirev

Bro has a 600 carb. He's not a techy so it goes to the dealers every year before funtime. No problems and like everyone else said, it's a solid mortor.

mezz

There is no doubt about "any" 600, they have all proven to be solid motors, nonetheless the efi models are less maintenance, fuel consumption etc, etc...but, to me, it's a matter of preference, more work, or less, and let's not forget performance. If the price is right, then the buyer has to be prepared.-Mezz

ezra

also worth noting I always run out of fuel first when on group rides . thing guzzles fuel more than the 800s I roll with on trail rides .
I bought my 15 gade sport for a few reasons
1 price it was cheep with a long warranty
2 cat or poo did not make a cheep 136
3 I knew it would be my wifes sled that I used from time to time so I really did not care that much .
4 I liked that it had a Cobra track and the only motor from doo I trusted

snobuilder

The Polaris Indy CFI 600 can't be beat. Take advantage of the fact that the Doolusional sledders think some 7 YO carbed 600 Doo is worth $3500 to $4000 and go get a 2013 or newer Indy for about the same relative cost, year wise.

brad460

The Polaris Indy CFI 600 can't be beat. Take advantage of the fact that the Doolusional sledders think some 7 YO carbed 600 Doo is worth $3500 to $4000 and go get a 2013 or newer Indy for about the same relative cost, year wise.

The Indy 600 looks like cheap crap that was slapped together with a bunch of old left over/ free-style wanna be parts- so if you don’t mind looking gay by all means by one of those turds..ha

Anyways, I’ve had a 600 carb TNT and a 600 Sport- both excellent sleds with great fuel economy. You can’t go wrong buying one. $3500 is cheap...

Had carb sleds for years, son has one now. Cheep to buy, a lot more work. Have EFI for my self, would never go back.
Buy what YOU want. You will be happy, if you change your mind there is always one for sale some where.
Howie

ezra

The Indy 600 looks like cheap crap that was slapped together with a bunch of old left over/ free-style wanna be parts- so if you don’t mind looking gay by all means by one of those turds..ha

Anyways, I’ve had a 600 carb TNT and a 600 Sport- both excellent sleds with great fuel economy. You can’t go wrong buying one. $3500 is cheap...
lets not get all carried away now . great fuel economy lol again I always run out first . excellent ? not sure about that I think decent is more in line . if the indy would have has a 136 in the 600 I would have bought it all day over the doo . and me and poo have never had a good relationship they all blow up on me for no good reason.
heck for 3500 and 7 yrs old a Barny f6 can be had with a better trail ride than both the poo and doo put together

1fujifilm

I've been out of actually owning a sled for almost three years now. I miss it a lot. It IS expensive, but is also a lot of fun in the winter months. Looking at a 2011 Ski Doo MZX TnT 600 carb with 3800 miles on it. Has Curve skis on it and is studded. Very clean. Anyone have experience with these? I've always had Arctic Cat before. The guy has given me a fabulous price on it. So low I won't divulge it, unless I don't buy it from him.
Thanks.

A week ago a new 2017 600 carb was $6,100 plus tax and registration with coupon, now $6,500.

Bear

durphee

Regardless of what you get just make a point to get out and ride whether its just locally or a long weekend away up north. Its really easy to say ill go next weekend or the weekend after that and you finally wake up and its mid march! Sleddin is expensive but I haven't regretted spending the money. Get a sled, put some miles on and have fun!

T

Tracker

remember how on your EFI you put new premium gas in it and did not have to fog engine either at end of season and after gas at start of season you turned the key...pulled cord MAYBE 3 times...and then she fired up toot sweet...remember...????....well kiss those thoughts goodbuy...plus this sled is same cost and 5 times the sled.....good luck....all the manus want cats EFI system and they all try to mimic it...hmmmmm

https://www.upcat.com/2006Arctic-CatF7-Firecat-EFI-Sno-Pro-inventory.htm?id=1830797&in-stock=1&vin=

harski

Regardless of what you get just make a point to get out and ride whether its just locally or a long weekend away up north. Its really easy to say ill go next weekend or the weekend after that and you finally wake up and its mid march! Sleddin is expensive but I haven't regretted spending the money. Get a sled, put some miles on and have fun!

Bingo! Heed it!

Harski