Powder Coating near Milwaukee, WI?

Does anyone have a source for small batch powder coating parts near Milwaukee, WI that won't charge an arm and a leg? I'm in the NW burbs. I have a few small aluminum and steel parts I'd like to have powder coated black paint.

Thanks in advance.

snobinge

There is a place in Mukwonago, WI that I have used. Sorry I can't think of the name off the top of my head. Good work and reasonable pricing.

Firecatguy

what are you coating Paul???arms or something?????if so i have cheap and good fix for the powder coat thing.............Refrigerator paint......I did my skid last season....very hard when done and comes in few colors or black.......

indy_500

what are you coating Paul???arms or something?????if so i have cheap and good fix for the powder coat thing.............Refrigerator paint......I did my skid last season....very hard when done and comes in few colors or black.......

i picked up some refrigerator paint too due to firecatguys recommendation. I'll maybe tear my skid apart AGAIN to do it with refrigerator paint and may take apart my front suspension to do that too if all goes well.

firecatguy, have you done rails with this paint before? i'd LOVE to paint my rails black.

Firecatguy

i picked up some refrigerator paint too due to firecatguys recommendation. I'll maybe tear my skid apart AGAIN to do it with refrigerator paint and may take apart my front suspension to do that too if all goes well.

firecatguy, have you done rails with this paint before? i'd LOVE to paint my rails black.

nope just metal parts...not sure how it will stick to aluminum??

make sure you read the directions(I know for a guy that hard to do but do it)
it is very particular to the way you paint....one coat...then you need to let dry for 3day i believe then second coat!!!i did not have time for that so i put one coat on and it worked awesome.....one season on it so far and Biff has done his Aarms on all his sleds years back....

Ho-made sled lifts & maybe a couple of parts off the doo. The running board supports I bought last year are bare aluminum and hold way too much snow imho.

Last edited:

snowbuff

Amour Coating in Germantown does a good job. Ask for Charlie. 262-502-1616.

Refrigerator paint....hmmm. Interesting!

WIrider

Does anyone have a source for small batch powder coating parts near Milwaukee, WI that won't charge an arm and a leg? I'm in the NW burbs. I have a few small aluminum and steel parts I'd like to have powder coated black paint.

Thanks in advance.

Pauly - talk to Jason (millertime), I think he has a guy lined up already that will run them with the sled stands as well...If we are not particular on color he was going to shoot them with his left overs on a run sometime. I told him to wait til they were running possibly a nice shade of hot pink.

indy_500

I just did my dad's rear torque arm last night and it turned out great. I'm very impressed. I put another coat on this morning and tomorrow night i'll put it on the suspension. I have to wait for the front torque arm to be welded first, real small small crack in there, and where the limiter straps go thru this loop, that loop needs to be welded back onto the torque arm. Next on the list is to take my suspension apart and be the first person to paint the rails black with this stuff. might paint my torque arms blue too.