prep for storage

ezra

if storing where mice might like to move in, a few moth balls under the hood should keep them at bay.

that is a old myth.I had a sled that they took the moth balls out of the box and put their nest in the box.bounce is a bunch of bs also they had pieces of shredded bounce in the same box

mjkaliszak

Might be good to top off the tank. I used to leave them where they are and add stabilizer but after my 1 sled rotted the tank line this year I'm going back to fill em, stabilize them, dump in car at beginning of next season & re-fill with fresh. Less evaporation with a full tank also.

polarisrider1

Might be good to top off the tank. I used to leave them where they are and add stabilizer but after my 1 sled rotted the tank line this year I'm going back to fill em, stabilize them, dump in car at beginning of next season & re-fill with fresh. Less evaporation with a full tank also.

also less condensation with full tank. I do nothing, pull them in a climate controlled building to store and start about 2 times a summer. No stabile or sea foam, just Shell V-Power gas.

indyxcr

Fill up with 93 octane gas, put a splash of isoproble in it for water, start once a month you will never have a problem, drain gas in October or November fill with fresh gas and your good.

Stabilizer sucks green stuff grows in tank big problems, draining the tank and fogging bad idea water develops in gas tank lines dry out and crack, rust takes over in motor you must start once a month this keeps everything in your motor from seizing up.

When starting in the summer start in the morning early when its cool run 5 minutes then spin track this way you don't get flat spots on track over the summer also make sure you have a track stand for the summer, this keeps the track off the ground keeps all the weight off your suspension.

440_chazz

Boats are shrink wrapped for storage. Is it wise to shrink wrap a sled? My storage area has had a history with mice.

Last edited:

dschultz

Boats are shrink wrapped for storage. Is it wise to shrink wrap a sled? My storage area has had a history with mice.

Just do the moth ball thing, we store our boat and our sled in the same p.o.s shed and never have had and issue if you make sure to use plenty. With our boat after I remove all the mothballs and have the cover off, we have to leave it outside for a few days to air out, so that means use alot. Also if possible through some packs of rat poison around the trailer or whatever you store it on. Just my 2 cents

simonsr1

Fill up the tank with good quality premium gas, gas will loose octance level with age, pull the plugs and spray cylinders with fogging oil, pull cord a couple times, to help coat cylinder walls, reinstall plugs, shut the fuel off,

I have done it this way for 20 years, never had a problem,

come december, turn fuel on, tighten plugs up, full choke, starts on 2nd or 3rd pull every time,

I will take it somewhat easy untill I burn through the old gas, then filler up with premium.

polarisrider1

Boats are shrink wrapped for out door storage, not indoor storage. I don't even put a cover on my sled, why risk trapping moisture. Dust will wash off, moisture rots ands rusts.

dschultz

Fill up the tank with good quality premium gas, gas will loose octance level with age, pull the plugs and spray cylinders with fogging oil, pull cord a couple times, to help coat cylinder walls, reinstall plugs, shut the fuel off,

I have done it this way for 20 years, never had a problem,

come december, turn fuel on, tighten plugs up, full choke, starts on 2nd or 3rd pull every time,

I will take it somewhat easy untill I burn through the old gas, then filler up with premium.

I take most of the gas out after I put sea foam in it and run it for a while, then come next fall you can fill if up with fresh gas. Why waste you money to put gas in it that really wont be anygood the next year.

twodeere

Kraven- I have not heard that advice before and have been fogging various CFI sleds for the past 3 years or so. Is that something new ? Can you provide more details ? Thanks.

fatdaddy

I'm also interested in why you should fog a CFI motor, I have done it on my cats for years and I have been doing it on my 09 IQ600 since last year without problems. I add seafoam to the gas and drive it around the lake to get it in the system then I fog the motor, wash and wax them and grease all fittings. So far not any problems. I do put them on jack stands and also lift the front up alittle to take the weight off the skis.