Question on fill time for a toilet

lofsfire

I will not use the tabs anymore. So my question now is: when one flushes a toilet fast, or slow, should the fill tank empty out completely?

I am getting different answers from different people on this. Right now a small flush only takes down the water by 1/3, a full flush will almost empty the tank......
1/3 sounds about right for Kohler but it does depend on the model and brand. I'll try to remember to look at mine tonight.

jjj70095

Toilet and water pump working fine. My plumber did say this week the amount of water that leaves the fill tank depends on the model of the toilet.
I think more recent toilets flush depend on quick or deep flush. My toilet up in loft is over 30 years old and all water leaves the fill tank even with a quick flush.

ddhanna

As I tried to explain in posts 9 and 16, there is no such thing as quick or deep flush including more recent toilets. A single press of the flush handle should release the contents of the tank. Some very new toilets , but not yours, have a dual setting option that lets you preset flushes to either .8 or 1.28 gallons. Your 30 year old model is likely 1.6 gallons.

lofsfire

Here's a Kohler 1.6 gallon. I think it was the Kohler Cimarron model from 2006. The model may not be right but the year is definitely.

I'm fairly sure I've rebuilt this once.

Last edited: