Question on race sled

G

G

Regardless if it was a race sled or not it is a 600. In the non-racing world 600's are mostly driven wide open trying to keep up to their buddies on 800's. Riding WFO a lot doesn't necessarily ruin a sled. Running into stuff riding WFO gets to be hard on things though.

Builder Bob

Regardless if it was a race sled or not it is a 600. In the non-racing world 600's are mostly driven wide open trying to keep up to their buddies on 800's. Riding WFO a lot doesn't necessarily ruin a sled. Running into stuff riding WFO gets to be hard on things though.

I disagree.
My 2015 Axys 600 cannot be ridden WOT, "trying to keep up"!

G

G

Probably because it goes fast enough for him for the conditions he rides. Put a 600 on a corridor trail or a firelane or a lake with a bunch of 800's and it would have its tongue hanging out the whole time. Obviously. But it wouldn't blow. It is a Pol 600 after all. They never blow. Ever.

whitedust

Probably because it goes fast enough for him for the conditions he rides. Put a 600 on a corridor trail or a firelane or a lake with a bunch of 800's and it would have its tongue hanging out the whole time. Obviously. But it wouldn't blow. It is a Pol 600 after all. They never blow. Ever.
Exactly .....every stock 600 I have ridden or been with is aok in twistys but get in the open with 800s & wave bye bye....skill doesn't matter just not competitive. If you have not ridden any 600cc WFO you sure won't appreciate an 800 engine....lol... By the way neighbors Rush 600 blew so some do.

mjkaliszak

OK, not to enter the 600 POO blow or not blow debate .... but... I rebuilt my POO RR ( 2 ) times .... one time we twisted the crank some f-in how...
Never the less... I would take a pass on a racer used . There is a reason manu's sell them to racers with no warranty. The race environment is the most extreme.( generally speaking ) It's not unfamiliar for many other race vehicles ( jet ski's, dirt bikes... ) to be purchased and sold at end of season. Since your looking for forum advice.... I wouldn't.
I do have a little time & experience rebuilding burn down's , maintaining sleds to 10k, fixing mine & my kids wear n tear and mishaps.... JIMO

Modman440

My trail sled is a converted 600 race sled new rings and pistons once every so often besides that no issues.

MOD

600_RMK_144

NOT A RACE SLED... But picked up the new ride last w/e up in Fargo. In case anyone's keeping track, that's 14 hours round trip. LOL! Guess it's time to update the screen name.

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

Last edited:

snobuilder

At a buck a mile round trip cost to go fetch something....I hope you got a great deal or at least a piece o' tail for your efforts....LOL....Nice sled!