Question on race sled

600_RMK_144

Found what appears to be a really good deal on a 2015 600 Pro (155"). 300 actual miles, but the guy used it as his stock class race sled. Completely stock other than clutch work. Should I be concerned that it was raced? Thanks!

momoney2123

Found what appears to be a really good deal on a 2015 600 Pro (155"). 300 actual miles, but the guy used it as his stock class race sled. Completely stock other than clutch work. Should I be concerned that it was raced? Thanks!

Drag raced? Dont see short drag races hurting anything...if he lowered it, may have taken some life outa the shocks..

ezra

well if it is a 15 it did not even get to run Jackson. think only about 1/2 the races were run last season. it has had a hard 300mi life but really if the inspection looks good I would go for it. usually racers are pretty on top of maintenance and set up and inspections . I would say way more on top of that stuff than most recreational riders.
u can count on having to have shocks re valved I am sure it is set up for running 4 foot rollers wfo

momoney2123

Dang those look rough on a sled..he must of made it to top. Have to assume a majority of those miles were spent wide open. Rings should be seated!!

ezra

the other thing is it prob has a hard lug track. same as the assault rmk and hcr and prob not even a 2.6 some of the competition tracks are as small as 1.75 depending on conditions

600_RMK_144

should be perfect for IA!...what does a sled like that sell for?

Under normal conditions it's a steal for a 2015 with 300 miles. But I've seen hill climbing and it's balls to the wall. Pin it and hold on if you can. I don't know, guess I'll sleep on it. Thanks for the input.

D

Deleted member 10829

I'd run away from that! I can't think of anything much harder on a sled. Those 300 miles were all WOT and the chassis getting the crap beat out of it. There is a reason the price is low. Pay a bit more and get new and have the peace of mind.

sweeperguy

Alot of low mile sleds available, that have not been "beaten on". I'm thinking in the next few weeks many more may be listed for sale, as this winter stutters to start. I've owned many used sleds, but would never consider something that'd been run like that. I'm thinking that 300 miles equal to 3000 trail miles.

whitedust

Is the sled back to stock? Difficult to thnk he hill raced without big mods. Guys I know that hill race are pushing 300HP complete custom sleds.

600_RMK_144

Yeah, I've thought better of it. The 2000 mile drive round trip helped in my decision. Picking up a 2015 with 300 miles for $6800 sounded awesome until he told me he raced it.

pez

In 2005 I bought a 2004 f-6. It was Novotny's grass drag sled. Best sled I ever owned. I actually bought a f-7 in 2006 and let my son ride the f-6, after one ride, he was on the f-7 and I was back on the f-6. Sold it to my buddy a few years ago and it is still running great.

Don't forget, those guys rebuild the top end in between heats. They usually return to stock before they sell and keep the performance stuff for next sled.

indy_500

Yeah, I've thought better of it. The 2000 mile drive round trip helped in my decision. Picking up a 2015 with 300 miles for $6800 sounded awesome until he told me he raced it.
That's definitely not a good enough deal IMO to drive that far for a race driven 600 Pro. You could've got a 15 800 Pro new at the end of last season for $8800 at just about any dealer who had one left.

POLARISDAN

as u know the 600 is about the miles not the year..the pro r i sent u i paid 5800 for with 1400 mi..mint condition..top speed only 78 mph..not even opened UP..so u should be able to find a low mile rmk in that range..you trade the 155 for the rear suspension basically would be my guess

Builder Bob

There are race sleds, sold by Polaris, to racers and/or dealers.
The price to racers will vary, depending on "who" you are.
Polaris does this to be represented and stay competitive with other manufacturers.

These sleds have NO factory warranty, sold as such, as these are race sleds.

600cc is the limit to certain racing groups, cross country in example.

Best of Luck
Don't ask how I know, but it is truthful