Questions from a new rider

xsledder

I have a friend looking to get into snowmobiling and he wanted advice on some things:

1.) What is the best brand of snowmobile?
2.) What is the best brand of oil to use in a snowmobile?
3.) 2 Stroke or 4 Stroke?
4.) Studded track or not?
5.) What are the best aftermarket parts?
6.) Should an aftermarket can be considered for boosted mph? Or are they too loud?
7.) On the trail, should you use hand signals or not?
8.) Is it acceptable to pass on a trail?
9.) Mohawk on the helmet or not?

Thanks in advance

1.) What is the best brand of snowmobile?
John's Pol-cat.
2.) What is the best brand of oil to use in a snowmobile?
The most expensive oil on the shelf.
3.) 2 Stroke or 4 Stroke?
The more strokes the better.
4.) Studded track or not?
Stud just half the track and put your weight on the appropriate side when conditions call for it.
5.) What are the best aftermarket parts?
Parts made by Indy_500!
6.) Should an aftermarket can be considered for boosted mph? Or are they too loud?
Most beers come in a can and the more your drink the faster you think you're going. I heard from a source that Schultz is the loudest.
7.) On the trail, should you use hand signals or not?
That is the question!
8.) Is it acceptable to pass on a trail?
I don't think any one really notices you "breaking wind" on the trail.
9.) Mohawk on the helmet or not?
The mohawk comes in handy when you have one of those nature calls in the middle of nowhere.

Grant Hoar

xsledder

That is Schlitz, not Schultz, that produces the loudest noise. Although, the extra exhaust must add about 1-2 mph (talk about boost)

ffemt

Ok not fair it took me all winter to read all these thread topics and u sum it up in a half a day !!! Oh well I have nothing better to do in the winter anyways except to go on JD 50 times a day hahaha

ezra

Must stand-up while riding and have garden tools in the back-pack.

I never understood the shovel in the up deal never have I needed a shovel saw yes sno bungi yes nilon strap yes wished I had a 18v saws all yes never a shovel.guess If going out alone may be nice but I will never understand wanting that thing on all day.must be a fasion statmet thing

700classic

The shovel is for whacking the people in the helmet when you pass them as long as they aren't blocking you from passing. If thats the case then use the shovel to build your very own trail thru the woods that no one else can use!:D

just_ride

Funny

The shovel is for whacking the people in the helmet when you pass them as long as they aren't blocking you from passing. If thats the case then use the shovel to build your very own trail thru the woods that no one else can use!:D
reply # 16 and 17 was funny but this one has me ROFLMAO!
Too funny!
Just_Ride

chords

Legit questions.
Kinda like askin "What is the snow gonna be like and is it worth the drive 3 weeks from now" only to get a response of "I was there last Tue and it was great"

HUH ?

G

G

1) What is the best brand of snowmobile to buy?
This is simple. Since all snowmobiles are expensive you should get the one that is the heaviest. This way you get the most sled for the buck. Since Yamahas weigh the most they are therefore your best choice.
2) What is the best oil?
Canola oil is the best oil for your sled. You can fry fish in it too.
3) Two or four stroke?
6 cylinder Turbodiesel.
4) To stud or not to stud?
Everybody around here is going back to cleated tracks. We are all really smart so it would be good to follow our lead.
5) Best aftermarket parts.
Replacement hips are my choice. Get the titanium ones and not the cadaver models.
6) Best cans to get for your snowmobile.
Cans are for women and not for snowmobiles. If you want to get aftermarket cans for your wife go for it. Send me some before and after pics.
7) Use of hand signals on the trail.
Hand signals are never of any value. Everybody is on their own page. For years I used to think that 3 fingers meant 3 miles to the bar. Now I know that 3 fingers means that the poor soul signalling me lost two fingers to a Stihl.
8) To pass or not to pass.
Never pass anybody on the trail. Stay behind them and work yourself into a frenzy. Make the veins stand out on your neck and see if you can foam at the mouth. Elevating your heart rate is good for you.
9) Mohawk on the helmet or not.
Definitely the mohawk. A nice pink one.
Happy St Pats Day everybody.

jr37

Some of you guys have way to much time on your hands, there are some really funny responses here.