Quick Help Needed....Track opinions. 1.6 Cobra vs. 1.75 Backcountry X

luke_duke

I plan on buying a 2017 XF Cross Country Limited in a day or so and was thinking about swapping the track to a 1.6 cobra from the 1.75 Backcountry X. I roughly ride 70% trail and 30% off trail but want the best of both worlds obviously. Also, is it a good idea to stud a 1.6 Cobra track? As of now I am going with the 8000 motor but seriously contemplating a 9000 but only reason keeping me from the 9000 is being too heavy off trail.

luke_duke

I think I will probably go with the Cobra Ice track. What about the 4 stroke going off trail trail....I assume it will mostly plow and will need a small army to get it unstuck

luke_duke

Dear Diary- I'm now the proud owner of a Arctic Cat XF Cross Country Limited. I Ended up buying the Cobra Ice track so now I am looking forward to seeing how the track performs since I am used to riding with studs. I can't wait to tear up my neighbors yard in a couple days.

ac600sp

I'd go with the Cobra track. The scoops and or bowl design is designed for loose snow applications. I've had on in the past and on short track race sleds and I was very impressed with the traction in loose snow trail conditions. The off trail capabilities was impressive too.

ezra

I think I will probably go with the Cobra Ice track. What about the 4 stroke going off trail trail....I assume it will mostly plow and will need a small army to get it unstuck

the cat skis suck ars. I run the poo grippers my bud with a xf tried my grippers and some Mohawks went with the Mohawks for a all around ski .

luke_duke

I'd go with the Cobra track. The scoops and or bowl design is designed for loose snow applications. I've had on in the past and on short track race sleds and I was very impressed with the traction in loose snow trail conditions. The off trail capabilities was impressive too.
Good to hear. I pick the sled up tonight
the cat skis suck ars. I run the poo grippers my bud with a xf tried my grippers and some Mohawks went with the Mohawks for a all around ski .
what is wrong with the skis?....don't perform in the powder or don't steer on the trails? I might have to look into these other ski options a little further.

ac600sp

I run the Skydog Powder bound skis, the 8" version and the runs the trails good with not much darting and float good in the deep snow.