Quite a blow up here on 4/16

pclark

The wind started ramping up around 9am yesterday and just got stronger as the day went on. By early evening it was howling around 50mph, might have even been a bit higher. Our power flickered but didn’t go out and quite a few trees down. Much calmer this morning and we got some much needed rain.

whitedust

Full house generator is a must up north. Summer tstorms were the worst for me power would be out for days. I did find away to speed repairs was to go find the outage location report via 911 and police would get the power company on it. For me it was always the same general location trees blown down power lines down on street or close to it. My riding buddy home was down for weeks in Sayner finally left due to the inconvenience.

rph130

Best investment we made was a whole house generator. Learned the hard way when we were down in Chicago for a couple of weeks and when we returned to cabin, a god-awful stink greeted us when we opened door. Power had been out during summer heat from a storm and everything in refrigerator/freezer became a science project. I just wheeled it out onto deck, pitched everything, including the refrigerator. I'm a happy guy now when a storm comes through, and we lose power. Wait 10 seconds and everything fires right back up.

pclark

Full house generator is a must up north. Summer tstorms were the worst for me power would be out for days. I did find away to speed repairs was to go find the outage location report via 911 and police would get the power company on it. For me it was always the same general location trees blown down power lines down on street or close to it. My riding buddy home was down for weeks in Sayner finally left due to the inconvenience.
Good advice on the outage Pete. We don’t have a full house generator, currently have a Generac IQ 3500 portable with four outlets plus phone and computer outlets. It’s enough to power the refrigerators, the blower on the wood burner, and keep the lights on. In the summer, it runs our ac as well, keep in mind we have a small place. When we remodel I’ll be putting in full house model.

Airman68

I have been using an Ecoflow Delta Pro for the last couple years. I have it functioning as a UPS. Plugged into the grid but when power goes out, it stays on. I can run my freezers and fridge comfortably for 24 hours with no power otherwise it's just a pass through and makes no noise. I could also run my whole house (110 only) if I hook it up differently.

matti

lovemydobe, that's a crazy photo! I live about 3 miles from that bridge!

On Tuesday night, I was staying in a yurt on top of Mt. Ashwabay outside of Bayfield and I thought the wind was going to blow us off the mountain! I saw a big ore ship tucked behind Madeline Island in Chequamegon Bay, presumably to ride out the wind storm?