Rabbits

14snow

Does anyone have a way to keep rabbits away from my garden and yard.I tried a fence and they got under it and I have tried sprays and other store bought things.HELP

rocketman356

Does anyone have a way to keep rabbits away from my garden and yard.I tried a fence and they got under it and I have tried sprays and other store bought things.HELP
Plant sod in it.I did that 8 yrs ago and no problems since.Just go to the farm stand for them and save money in the long run.

jr37

Live trap them. Dry shell corn as bait works the best for me. Then take them down the road a few miles and let them be someone elses problem.

wags

Did you bury the fencing a bit or just install it flush with the ground? I was in the same boat a few years ago but after I buried the fence (chicken wire) at least 6in. the problem was solved.

samc

This sound crazy but it works. Our neighbors told us about this and we've been doing this for 3 yrs now with no more Rabbits in the garden.
Plant in your garden Jalapeno peppers or some other really hot peppers. Scatter a few through out the garden - depending on the garden size. For some reason the Rabbits will not go near a garden with these hot peppers planted in there.

borderstaff

We brushed the 4 dogs and then put the old hair along the fence around the garden. Its been 2 weeks and it seems to be working.

bearrassler

I have a 3 cats that stay outside most of the time when the weather is nice, they lay out in the garden and the rabbits stay away, our oldest cat died last year and was 19 years old, she killed about 30 to 50 rabbits every year and they are still thick in the neighborhood.

polarisrider1

Shoot the rabbits and add them with the onions and carrots, etc. from your garden! Rabbit stew! yum. If you live in the city do not us a 22. A high powered pellet gun from Cabellas with a scope works well.

booondocker

Get some marigold seed and plant all around the edge of the plot. Not only will it keep the rabbits and ground hogs out, but it is also a natural bug inhabiter too. Put them right inside the fence and they won't want to get in.

It also will make your boringly green garden look nicer too.

bearrassler

Making sure the rabbits stay away, pictures were a few weeks ago

Attachments

• IMG_1500.jpg
    IMG_1500.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1499_2.jpg
    IMG_1499_2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 38

michaeladams

dig a hole in your garden and put ashes in the bottom of the hole.place peas aroud the hole and when a rabbit comes to take a pea you kick it in the ash hole.