removing shield scratches

snake

thanks in advance!! anyone had any luck in getting the small scratches and haze from helmet shield? what products and steps taken?

parker

Meguiar's PlastX

thanks in advance!! anyone had any luck in getting the small scratches and haze from helmet shield? what products and steps taken?

I use Meguiar's PlastX when needed for light scratch removal from our electric shields with Excellent Results. Follow the direction on the bottle.

Bought mine at Wally World.

shoelessjoe

Thats how I fixed mine this year. $35 for hjc. Amazing how much clearer it is

Not really pertinent to this thread but I just want to throw a shout out to the folks at HJC, they have awesome customer service from my past experiences. I know that they aren't the fanciest helmets on the market but after dealing with them in the past I won't buy another brand.

Back when I used my full face helmet I was playing on some drifts with the shield open. Got off balance and bailed off the sled and my helmet hit the seat or something on the way off. Broke the internals in the hinge for the shield. Pieced it back together to get back home and called HJC. After a short conversation they said they had the hinge in stock, took my address and said it was on the way. No charge at all and at my door in a few days. I was beyond happy with that. Opened up the box (which was a bit bigger than I expected) and there was a new shield in there as well, also totally free of charge. Shield was for a motorcycle not a snowmobile so it went to my cousin but I was floored at the customer service. Said right there that they were my helmet company for life.