Renegade vs Switchback

dairy6134

Last January I was riding with a couple friends...I had my new 600sdi Gade and one of the other guys had his new 600 switchback. After an hour or so of riding we swithed for @ 5 miles. At that point I asked to switch back. This was all the experiment I needed to realize I made a better purchase than him. Gade handled better, cornered better and accelerated better.

When at a local watering hole later that night he remarked on how strong my 800 engine was. I let him know that he needed to buy a ski-doo and new glasses to read the 600 on my hood.

09summitetec

I have an 06 Switch 600 and an 09 Summit Etec. The 144" Switchback is a nice all purpose chassis. The run quality of the carbed 600 left something to be desired, but after 4500 miles or so, it has never let me down. I had a lot of fun on that sled but it doesn't get ridden much any more since if have the Summit in the trailer. There is just no topping the Etec mill. Great runner, good power, one pull always, great on oil and gas.... The Summit chassis (I have the 146) is a great U.P. boondocker and is surprisingly good on the trail too. Go with an Etec and you won't regret it. If you spend much time off trail, think about the Backcountry or the Summit.