replacing rivets in a tunnel

joks79

What kind of pop rivet can I use to replace some missing rivets on my rear suspension mount of my sled?

mjkaliszak

Hard to see what kind of rivet you need. There are rivets called stavex rivets which are heavy duty, I just bolted things together with torx button head ss bolts & nylock nuts when I had to replace those. OR you can pull up the sled / tunnel diagram on an on-line web site " cycle parts nation " for example and it will show you generally what you need.

renten

Let us have some more details! Maybe a picture or two. What type of sled? how old? How many rivets hold the mounting bracket in place? What type of riding style? There are several good options depending on the answer to some of these details. I have and have used just about every type of airframe construction rivet and could probably give you a pretty good recommendation. I have also used stainless button Allen head w/ny-lock nuts and they work great and are easy.

joks79

A 04 Firecat. I ride 50 off - 50 on trail. There are a lot of rivets holding it down. I am not sure the quanity. I don't think there is enough room for a nut on the inside of the tunnel.

mjkaliszak

Need pic IMO but you can flip around, buttonhead inside tunnel or here are some sled fastener pics.Just for Ideas. For your application I wouldn't use a small 3/32'nds rivet.

indy_500

Here are the rivets that should be in there. These are the extra ones I got left.

Attachments

• rivet 001.jpg
    rivet 001.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 43