Reserving a Lightening tonight.

G

G

Tonight is the night! Ford taking reservations for 2022 delivery of the new electric F150. I will keep my 18 FX4 for towing and long trips. Expect to be using the E Pickup about 90 percent of the rest of the time.

frnash

Reserving a Lightening [sic] tonight.

"Reserving a Lightening [sic] tonight."
"Lightening"?
Isn't that some kind of non-dairy "Coffee Creamer" — but with no "cream"?

Then there's this kind of Lightning:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/99UBp6aJkTw" title="YouTube video player" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

and also this kind of "Lightning" (wait for it, live in ≈4 hours):

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yjisj5T0VqE" title="YouTube video player" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Yeah, I'm just feelin' ornery today! :devilish:

G

G

If this is all you have to occupy your time you must have a boring azz life.

slimcake

Come on guys. Its frnash for cryin out loud. Sheeessshhh You came on here to brag about your virtue signal purchase of an Evehicle. Is that all you gots to do??? Oh and I hope delivery works out for you. Still waiting on my 2 door Bronco I ordered in November.....

slimcake

Oh and when I am about to drop that kind of coin on something I can at least spell what I am buying.... So I guess I can see why you be pissy Lightening coffee creamer...... LOL

old abe

Congrats grub! one thing we will all get to know your "True" feelings about it once you get behind the wheel, eh!

G

G

Congrats grub! one thing we will all get to know your "True" feelings about it once you get behind the wheel, eh!

If you don't get on the original list you won't get one till much later. I will be very surprised if I see it in 2022. And I am not bragging. This is just a heads up for those not aware of what is going on. E Pickups are coming and they are coming very suddenly. Like it or not. And a person should warm up to the idea. In some countries - Britain for example- there is legislation ramping up banning any car over 20 years old from public roads. The same will happen here.

G

G

Oh and when I am about to drop that kind of coin on something I can at least spell what I am buying.... So I guess I can see why you be pissy Lightening coffee creamer...... LOL

Not only can I not spell it I have no idea how much it will cost. Or what kind of tax credits will be available. But it doesn't matter. It will be cheap to operate. I will charge at my house with off peak. By the time it arrives the entire charging network will be expanded. It expands every day. So if I decide to go long distance with it I surely could.

slimcake

Make sure you tell the local electrical grid company. You know the ones that have to deliver the electrical service. Through those power cables that are 50 years old. Lol this electric vehicle craze is putting the cart in front of the horse.... Grub I love ya but if ya say on one breath you don't know what it (the truck) will cost and then the next you say it will be cheap to operate do ya see where people like me that figure things laugh at people like you?? I mean come on man.

G

G

Ok. Now it is public. Less than 40 for a base model crew cab 4X4. Minus 7500 federal tax credit. They won't be able to make them fast enough. More money for XLT and more money yet for the Lariat and the King Ranch. I think I will go the Lariat. It also sets the pace for Rivian and the Cybertruck and the lordstown truck. With the current powers that be in charge there could be even more tax incentives. This is going to be fun. As far as power companies the one I am on already has programs for this. They don't seem too worried. Quite the opposite. I am sure there are places where the grid won't handle it. Yet.

buddah2

... I will charge at my house with off peak. By the time it arrives the entire charging network will be expanded. It expands every day. So if I decide to go long distance with it I surely could.

Have you actually run the numbers using your local cost per Kw/h and the amount it takes to recharge the batteries? The harsh reality for most people is it usually costs MORE per mile driven than a more efficient internal combustion vehicle. Unless you have a really, REALLY cheap electric supplier, run the damn numbers...

G

G

Have you actually run the numbers using your local cost per Kw/h and the amount it takes to recharge the batteries? The harsh reality for most people is it usually costs MORE per mile driven than a more efficient internal combustion vehicle. Unless you have a really, REALLY cheap electric supplier, run the damn numbers...

I will be using Off Peak. Just for the numbers call gas $3 bucks a gallon. Broken out electric off peak would be the equivalent of $1.00 a gallon. Off Peak is the key to much of the equation. Off peak is already controlled by the power company. There really won't be a need to upgrade the entire system. Just plug in your pickup in and it will get charged at some point. If you don't need it until tomorrow who cares if it charges at 7pm or 2 am? Fuel / Power savings plus an industry estimated 1/3 the cost of normal maintenance. No transmissions, no hoses or belts or head gaskets or differentials to fail. No oil changes, no antifreeze no fuel system to rot out with E85. Instant heat in the winter and instant cool in the summer. Really guys - what is not to like?

snomoman

I think if I get an electric vehicle I will also get a human sized hamster wheel to produce the electricity, not only will I save on electricity but I will “deblubberize” myself into a lean mean fighting machine..ha

old abe

All the coal to make the electricity

Coal, I don't think so. That game is all but over. Too "Dirty" emissions, too costly to transport to where it would be used. I live close to th BN, and UP RR's, the "Coal" trains have become dinosaurs, as in going "extinct". Nothing compared to years ago! NG is much cheaper, cleaner, and so much cheaper, easier to transport to the point of use, Electrical Generating Stations, etc, than is coal. That's the main reason coal is no longer in demand. How many people heat their homes with coal these days? Do you? Then, how much "Energy" does it take to refine crude oil, let alone the cost involved with "tar sands GLUCK! The waste water too is another high cost involved with refining. Lots of $$$$$? The electric vehicles ARE COMING, like them or not. I'm with grub ALL the way! When people discover the TRUE facts of the electric vehicles, being amazingly friendly to drive, the over all convenience, and ownership cost per mile, they will overwhelmingly jump to them. Ah, learn to like it, eh! Most all vehicles will go this way, and perhaps very quickly. GM is already starting to phase out of all "petro" fueled vehicles, and Ford did not risk their #1 selling vehicle for a no good reason, eh! Times change, no matter who thinks it won't! Fact!

Last edited:

slimcake

I think everyone should take 5 minutes and watch this video. I am glad people get excited about electric vehicles but to think that you are helping the environment or saving the planet is laugable....