Rhinelander area (and Langlade Co and Forest Co)

1fujifilm

140 miles today. All spectacular. North to sugar camp stop at Moondance, gas three lakes, south to starks , down to pelican lake, up to birchwood bar Perfect conditions. Back at it in am. Then ice fishing afternoon

Probably rode right by you today, Rode Eagle River, WI south to 3 lakes, Rhinelander, over to Hiles and back up to Eagle River. 6 lake trails were all good also.
Good trails from 8-11AM, 38 degrees at noon; loaded and went home. Snow getting loose and the weekend will be interesting, stopped counting at 40 trailers heading north on 45.

Bear

old abe

Probably rode right by you today, Rode Eagle River, WI south to 3 lakes, Rhinelander, over to Hiles and back up to Eagle River. 6 lake trails were all good also.
Good trails from 8-11AM, 38 degrees at noon; loaded and went home. Snow getting loose and the weekend will be interesting, stopped counting at 40 trailers heading north on 45.

Bear

What did you end up getting for a sled? Or need I ask?

vipermike2002

Anyone riding Rhinelander?

I have a reservation in Mercer this weekend but might cancel togo somewhere with less traffic. Rode Harrison Hilld and Gleason last weekend and it was great. I want to ride down there again if I can get down Pelican LakenRoad and Haymeadow without overheating.

jwmcatman

Anyone riding Rhinelander?

I have a reservation in Mercer this weekend but might cancel togo somewhere with less traffic. Rode Harrison Hilld and Gleason last weekend and it was great. I want to ride down there again if I can get down Pelican LakenRoad and Haymeadow without overheating.

I rode yesterday across thompson through holiday acres, up the power lines, down hay meadow and it was passable for sure, did not go south as I headed north towards starks where it goes north/south then over to birchwood, headed across moen lake and found groomer must have been heading north and it was a smooth ride home from there, i was first one down the trail. Certainly some bare spots but not bad at all, what I would have expected. Except road crossings trails were very white, fishing has been good so had not ridden since Sunday, very surprised how good and rideable they are, considering last week they were perfect, snowing now but only expecting a dusting. I will be out again at some point, My two cents.

jwmcatman

Rode tonight lake thompson road to 15/17 north to sugar camp midway, gassed up, east to three lakes, south to starks, back home, couple hours, road just entering sugar camp passable for sure but go slow, trails all good or better, go ride.

jwmcatman

Where did you end up viper mike? Im heading out for a ride after my 3 pm conference call, why I scheduled then I will never know. Lol.