Ridin' the Cold Out

skiroule

Congrats on new sled.
Think part of Calumet county is still closed. Haven't ridden around here yet. Leaving tomorrow afternoon sometime for Yoop.

Good timing....bring your beachwear. Will probably feel like 85 by Saturday night.

1fujifilm

Congrats on new sled.
Think part of Calumet county is still closed. Haven't ridden around here yet. Leaving tomorrow afternoon sometime for Yoop.

Where you riding Friday, have room for one more?

Bear

- - - Updated - - -

Hat’s off to you sledders that are ridin’ hard through this little temp episode. I have to confess that I don’t ride nearly as much in cold weather any more. I must have been tougher a few decades back.

Funny! I guess that technically, it’s more of an airfoil, the intent of which is unknown.

Between the weather and the terrain, there was probably no worse beating than a running a cross-country race on a leafer. Come to think of it, the trail riding wasn’t much different.

No doubt the clothing has improved dramatically in terms of functionality and warmth but style, that’s a more open question. This shot of my wife doing a little drift busting in about 74 says it all: one-piece suit, scarf, stocking cap under the metal flake bowling ball helmet, she’s got it all goin’ on.

Drift_Bust_I.jpg

Did Allouette share this chassis for awhile?

Bear

skiroule

Did Allouette share this chassis for awhile?
Bear

As far as I know, the RT/RTX design that came out in the 72 model year was unique to (Coleman) Skiroule. I'm sure there was a lot of design cross-pollinating though. Allouette was a pretty cool sled and the race versions are still bringing big money.

Enjoy the new ride!

1fujifilm

Buddy rented cabin on Gogebic. Not sure, we lost one but think have replacement. Know more tomorrow.

That's cool, have a great Ride!
I'm trying to be in the far Eastern U.P., if I get that far west I will check in with Polaris Dan too.

Bear

slimcake

Heading out on our local trails around noon today. Still -19 right now so I will dress for it. Who wants to make fun of my big *** windshield now???

rayds

cold riding--- I think it was on the edge of not being very smart, but the group I rode with --- Feb 1 1996, Ash River, north of Tower at -60 over night, rode everyday, (we were smart enough to not ride much after dark), we stopped periodically and check each other for any frostbite. Stopped at Kettle Falls Hotel, Ranger would not let us leave until ALL frosted face gear was dried out. (He was smart) In the mornings, Challenge was to get tracks to spin after getting engines started, had to jack them up, two guys pulling on track, one guy running throttle. Resort owner said we should use outdoor hot tub to warm up, so we did. Resort owner had two friendly big lab dogs, Buford and Zachary, that insisted on staying in cabin with us. If you sat down, they were sure to climb in a lap . Maybe it was warmer than the floor (they were smart too :)

old abe

cold riding--- I think it was on the edge of not being very smart, but the group I rode with --- Feb 1 1996, Ash River, north of Tower at -60 over night, rode everyday, (we were smart enough to not ride much after dark), we stopped periodically and check each other for any frostbite. Stopped at Kettle Falls Hotel, Ranger would not let us leave until ALL frosted face gear was dried out. (He was smart) In the mornings, Challenge was to get tracks to spin after getting engines started, had to jack them up, two guys pulling on track, one guy running throttle. Resort owner said we should use outdoor hot tub to warm up, so we did. Resort owner had two friendly big lab dogs, Buford and Zachary, that insisted on staying in cabin with us. If you sat down, they were sure to climb in a lap . Maybe it was warmer than the floor (they were smart too :)

Good to hear, neat story! Minny is a lot like Ontario, it can be very cold!

POLARISDAN

That's cool, have a great Ride!
I'm trying to be in the far Eastern U.P., if I get that far west I will check in with Polaris Dan too.

Bear

andy flight got cancelled twice..hopefully successful tom..we will be local fri sat cuz his newb brother will be with us..but we are trailering to copper monday..,staying over all day tues..leaving wed back for mass..u said it was great up here so we gonna hit it all..let me know if ur UP over here..GAY BAR here we c ome..hope that dont get deleted(kept it clean)

1fujifilm

andy flight got cancelled twice..hopefully successful tom..we will be local fri sat cuz his newb brother will be with us..but we are trailering to copper monday..,staying over all day tues..leaving wed back for mass..u said it was great up here so we gonna hit it all..let me know if ur UP over here..GAY BAR here we c ome..hope that dont get deleted(kept it clean)

Looks like I will ride local Friday now.
Our German Shepherd dame had 5 pups today, wasn't due til the 5th but here they are. Wife is off work for 10 days to watch them so I still get to ride.
Anyone need an AKC GSD In 8 weeks?

Bear

old abe

Looks like I will ride local Friday now.
Our German Shepherd dame had 5 pups today, wasn't due til the 5th but here they are. Wife is off work for 10 days to watch them so I still get to ride.
Anyone need an AKC GSD In 8 weeks?

Bear

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?