Riding Dec 1st in U.P.??

skiseadoo

Anyone planning on heading to the UP on Dec 1st through the weekend?

Have the week off work and considering heading up.

garyl62

I'm coming solo and riding Monday and Tuesday. Will be as far south as Greenland and north to Copper Harbor. Will not be a high mile trip as I want to catch up with some locals at the usual stopping points, but will spend a decent amount of time riding too. Anyone going to be around and want to meet up for a while?

snowhawg

I'm heading up to Krupp's in Twin Lakes Sunday, staying until Friday. I have a couple other guys coming up Tuesday night. Will be riding Mon-Thursday.

whitedust

Hey run it... gun it ....ride every trail.... get it packed for the rest of us.:D Somebody has to be 1st!!!!!!!!!!!

daytonao

I'm headed to Newberry tomorrow night. Solo. Hoping the snow is worth the trip. Will be up till thurs. If snow sucks I'll head west to Twin Lakes.

river

stop and pick me up on your way . will need a l2ft trailer or use my 12fter I have a long track 144

bladeguy

I am headed up Friday night leaving Monday morning. Staying at the Ramada Hancock. MachZDoo - where are you riding?

machzdoo

Ishpeming. We are heading up Thursday night and riding Friday Sat. Sun. and a little Mon. Staying at the Bestwestern.

bladeguy

Ishpeming. We are heading up Thursday night and riding Friday Sat. Sun. and a little Mon. Staying at the Bestwestern.

Do you have any trail reports from there yet? Wondering about water/mud etc. Was thinking of going to Hanckock - may still if my friend goes. He is undecided right now...

garyl62

Check out the conditions section a couple lines down on the main board. I posted a report there yesterday.

packerlandrider

No trail reports yet but I was told there was about 48" of snow on the ground in the whole area.

I would love to see where this was measured! The area where I pile snow from my driveway doesn't even have 4 feet of snow on it... I would say John's and Krupp's snow gauges give an accurate representation (24" or less) of what is "on the ground" up here.

indy_500

I would love to see where this was measured! The area where I pile snow from my driveway doesn't even have 4 feet of snow on it... I would say John's and Krupp's snow gauges give an accurate representation (24" or less) of what is "on the ground" up here.

I think he's talking about the ishpeming area.