Said Goodbye to Grub

mnkid

This is my first post. I thought other readers would like to know that Grub (Tom Swanson) lost his almost 2 year battle with cancer early this morning. He has been my riding buddy for years. I'm really going to miss him dearly.

skiroule

Wow....This really hits home. A couple of years ago I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon fishing with Tom on "Grub's Tub". He had a summer place at one of the resorts near me. He always struck me as just a stand-up nice guy and his love for snowmobiling went back decades.

His entertaining and often informative posts will be missed on this site. Godspeed Grub.

racerx

Unfortunately a part of life we have to encounter but we can be thankful we have crossed paths even if it was just seeing a post on this website. Tom and his family/friends will be in our thoughts and prayers.

pclark

I didn't know him but enjoyed his posts. With cancer I'm sure he is in a better place now. RIP

goofy600

Mnkid sorry for your loss and to Tom’s family also thank you for letting us know as there have been people looking for his input on his new truck. Please let us know if Grub did get to drive it at least once. God bless!

whitedust

RIP Grub I had suspected his cancer had taken a turn for the worst but hoped for better news. Grub and I exchanged a lot of PM information going back to how to get a Sidewinder to turn. Lol Grub you will be missed!

old abe

So very sad to hear this, RIP Grub! Prayers be to his family and friends. I always enjoyed reading Grubs posts. He was a dedicated snowmobile guy, and very well knew what he was talking about! I too was loking forward to his posts on his F 150 Lightning.

mezz

That is sad news, thank you mnkid for letting us know this. He was a regular on this site for many years & he will be missed. Condolences to you & his family & friends. God Bless. RIP Grub.

kip

Oh I'm sad to hear that. I had the pleasure of dealing with him on several occasions. He will be missed greatly. RIP Grub. Humbled that I got to know you. Prayers to all family and friends.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went back and checked for recents posts from Grub, it looks like the middle of October for one of his last. The thread “Electric Vehicles” was one of the longest ever on JD.com and Grub had a lot to say as a proponent of EV's

October 11th

Grub said…

When you elect idiots to public office you should not be all surprised when they do what comes natural to them.

However there are few choices. Intelligent people don't get in to politics anymore. The locals around here attracted to public office are all people that couldn't make it in their chosen field. Idiots. Failures. Unfit for anything else. So they run for something and every so often they win. Because the competition is even worse.

But enough about that. Back to the topic. Educate yourselves. Plenty to look at every day. There are three levels of chargers. Check it out. I am not trying to piss you people off. I am trying to bring you up to speed.

No miles on my Lightning yet as I have been sick. Hope to take it to the lake this weekend and visit Skiroule.

fjr4me

My thought and prayers are with Grub and his family and friends. So sad to hear this and sorry for your loss.