SanFrancisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers

dblshock

lord it's going to be a cold one...they keep dropping the forcast temps..It looks like a -15 or lower 2ond half.

garyl62

As of yesterday there were still tickets available too. Anyone want to go sit in the cold and watch the game?

timo

yes its looking like this game will be the coldest since the ice bowl.
i was at a game about 5-6 years ago vs jacksonville that was real cold and I was at the NFC championship game vs the giants when favre threw the game ending pick. it started at 5 above and i think by the end of the game it was 5 below. this game sound like it will be colder. can you say beer slushy.

- - - Updated - - -

the packers as of 5:00 today got an extension to 4:00 friday to sell it out. 3000 tix left. somehow someway it will be sold out. to much $$ to lose for the packers, NFL and sponsors to black out a playoff game.

dblshock

FWIW:

The 1967 NFL Championship Game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers, played on December 31 at Lambeau Field, is known as the Ice Bowl, arguably one of the greatest games in NFL history.

The game was played in brutal cold and windy conditions. The kickoff temperature in Green Bay was -13 F, with a wind chill of 36 below zero. Temperatures were so cold, in fact, that referees had to shout signals so that the metal whistles wouldn't stick to their lips. Even so, nearly 51,000 fans watched the coldest game in league annals.

Several players were treated for frostbite and a fan in the stands died of exposure to the cold.

Bart Starr, the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame quarterback, scored the game-winning touchdown with 13 seconds remaining, clinching a third straight NFL Championship for the Packers.

timo

by the time the game ends it will be close to -13...don't think it will get quite that cold. if it was played on monday night? that'd be another story.

FWIW:

The 1967 NFL Championship Game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers, played on December 31 at Lambeau Field, is known as the Ice Bowl, arguably one of the greatest games in NFL history.

The game was played in brutal cold and windy conditions. The kickoff temperature in Green Bay was -13 F, with a wind chill of 36 below zero. Temperatures were so cold, in fact, that referees had to shout signals so that the metal whistles wouldn't stick to their lips. Even so, nearly 51,000 fans watched the coldest game in league annals.

Several players were treated for frostbite and a fan in the stands died of exposure to the cold.

Bart Starr, the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame quarterback, scored the game-winning touchdown with 13 seconds remaining, clinching a third straight NFL Championship for the Packers.

D

Deleted member 10829

Just remember the Super Bowl is being played outdoors this year in NY! Could be interesting.

kb97z

This super cold game is gonna slow both teams down. A positive for the Packers. 49ers are so much better than the Packers. They lost only 4 games this year. Colts, Saints, Panthers, Seahawks and they have won 6 straight coming into Lambeau. Love the Pack, but this is gonna be a hard one to win.

timo

i don't think the cold will be a positive for the pack at all. the last thing we want to do is get in a slug fest with the niners and on a night when its gonna be -30 wind chills it won't be easy to pass and lacy will not run all over these guys. i could see them pounding gore all night on us.

i do agree its gonna be a hard game to win. this isn't the bears or cowboys D were playing, these guys are for real and getting healthy.

This super cold game is gonna slow both teams down. A positive for the Packers. 49ers are so much better than the Packers. They lost only 4 games this year. Colts, Saints, Panthers, Seahawks and they have won 6 straight coming into Lambeau. Love the Pack, but this is gonna be a hard one to win.

whitedust

Coach M will have a sound game plan...always does. BUT does he have the players to execute the plan?...doubtful.... Pack gets behind & Coach M will let it all fly anything goes.... close game & stay with game plan could be boring cold smashmouth football if 49ers not hitting on all cylinders. 49ers have good D can stop the run & could pound Rogers into that cold cold turf even with quick release stuff. Only way Pack wins is trick plays, fake punts, onside kicks, stuff like that & come up lucky. No easy pick up the ball gimmie TDs like Bear game this is the 49ers on a winning streak don't want to come up short of SB hungry team.lol

dblshock

I watched that 'Ice Bowl' back in '67 and it was a day game..this one kicks off almost at dusk.

The game last week in Chicago was cold and the Packer players have had to live in the cold this Nov. and Dec. i think that might be the difference.

dblshock

I wont waste electricity to watch a packer game on tv why in the he-- would I want to go to a game.

I certainly understand why your bitter after what happened in '13 and especially '10...my goodness, the failure, but to turn around and hand your $56m treasure to a creep like Cutler only insures more of the same, mark it down.

whitedust

I certainly understand why your bitter after what happened in '13 and especially '10...my goodness, the failure, but to turn around and hand your $56m treasure to a creep like Cutler only insures more of the same, mark it down.

I think Cutler is on a short leash 1 year... not good.... not winning & bye bye in block buster trade for another best available QB or draftee. He will never see 7 years as loser Bear QB certain of that too many jobs at stake tied to his performance!

teamblue

Im not a Bears fan either, Steelers all the way, just not this year.