Say it ain't so Gran Marais Mn!

Did Devil Track Resort close? Hoping to go back again this year and the website is gone. No answer when I call the number as well. Great place and we love riding the Gunflint area. Does anyone have any inside knowledge of what's going on? Devil track was fairly new with great owners and an amazing restaurant. Hope it's not GONE...

I go to the U.P. quite a bit but prefer Arrowhead over anywhere else. I love the trail system, less traffic and the nicer accommodations. Grand Ely Lodge, Giants Ridge and Grand Superior Lodge are very hard to beat.

xcr440

Maybe its just dead and temporarily closed as there isn't much else to do up there right now without snow.

ezra

Wow!!...u drive all the way from Valpo to the Arrowhead to sled???.....UP much closer & better snow

and 7 of 10 times piss pounded . arrowhead/north shore way less traffic and deff some honey hole pockets with deep lake effect that hardly any one is using or even looking for .

Not sure about off trail, but the Taconite, Gunflint and Northshore trail in NE Minnesota are tough to beat. It's worth the drive for me.

D

Deleted member 10829

It's a nice area if you can handle the speed limit. I haven't ridden in MN in years, mainly for that reason.

I feel its really only enforced in city limits, similar to Ontario and Wisconsin speed limits at night. We tend to be a little heavy on the throttle regardless. I guess if somebody really wants to "get you" they will find a reason whether it be speed limit or not.

ezra

I have seen 2 cops up there in 15yrs . both times they were down by gooseberry . I have never gotten a speeding tix out side the metro in MN. up in your parts around web and spooner I have been on the side of the trail at least 4 times on sleds and a dozen on atv never a tix though think they are always hopping to pull over drunks

elf

I'm withh Ezra on this one. Been riding up the north shore area almost every weekend for the last 10-12 yrs and have only seen cops/wardens on the trails twice. The speed limit really isnt a factor as most of our trails it would be hard to get over 50 on for extended stretches and because they aren't around to enforce it. And the traffic is way lower up there on weekends. I bet most days we don't see 30 sleds.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm withh Ezra on this one. Been riding up the north shore area almost every weekend for the last 10-12 yrs and have only seen cops/wardens on the trails twice. The speed limit really isnt a factor as most of our trails it would be hard to get over 50 on for extended stretches and because they aren't around to enforce it. And the traffic is way lower up there on weekends. I bet most days we don't see 30 sleds.

But, feel free to stay away!

Builder Bob

On another website, they talked of trail clean up, but no, nothing is froze, open swamps, no clean up possible
I am checking that site for word on the above rumor,

Last edited: