saying goodbye to a four legged friend..

chadlyt

a little over 10 years ago, I took home a pup from our local animal shelter. It's amazing how close you can get to these furry guys.

Unfortunately, we found that Tuck had osteosarcoma, a form of bone cancer that literally had destroyed his scapula and had metastasized and was effecting his colon. after 3 months of denial, i took him in for one last vet appt.

see you at the rainbow bridge tuck!

A little video I made for our family.

Last edited:

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Hang in there chadlyt. Time is an amazing healer.

Thoughts and prayers go to your and your family.

-John

dew69

Sorry for your loss. hang in there, time will heal. Remember all the fun times you shared with Tuck!

Dew

Snowdee

So sorry to hear Chadlyt. We lost our 14 yo Vizsla 1.5 yrs ago and I still miss him. Shot a video of his last day boating with us and still haven't watched it. Remember him fonly, chadlyt!

russholio

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's definitely one of the worst jobs in the world! But like the others have said, hang in there.

I did something similar to what you did.....took a bunch of still shots that I had and made a DVD slideshow of them, complete with background music ("You've Got A Friend" by James Taylor, and "You're My Best Friend" by Queen). It's been a little over 3 years since he left us, but I still watch it from time to time.

carole

So sorry to hear about your loss, but you did the best for Tuck, he is out of pain. Time does heal the loss, but the memories are forever. It will be two years in May that I had to put down my Seney. She had Cushings and numerous fatty tumors that affected her walk and other functions. I still have a hard time when we go to the UP and pass thru Seney, since we named here after that little town. But, I adopted a basset hound named Daisy and she is such a mild mannered dog, lovable and so spoiled.

yamahauler

Sorry to hear about the loss.

Great video....I don't know if I am getting softer as I get older, but videos like that darn near make you tear up when you know the story behind them.

michaeladams

sorry for your loss.when my dog died i buried him in my favorite deer hunting spot so i can visit him often.just climb my stand and look down and there he is.

lookin4snow

Sorry

Sorry for your loss. Great tribute video! Time heals, but it's tough. We lost our girl last summer at the young age of 9 due to a brain stem tumor. That last trip to the Vet is a tough one, but for us, it certainly was the right decision. Cheers to Tuck, and Lexee (attached).

Attachments

• lexee.jpg
    lexee.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 15

snowfish

I was reluctant to watch the video. (Very nice, by the way.) Now you've made a grown man cry! I feel your pain. Lost my buddy Kaliber fall of 2008. I still have "Kaliber moments". Hang in there. Time will make it better, but you will never forget.

Dogs are God's way of showing what unconditional love, acceptance, faithfulness, and favor is all about. Doesn't matter what kind of day you had, what you look like, how you smell, or your attitude. They're always happy to see you and love you no matter what.

We can learn a lot from our fuzzy buddies. Prayers & Best Wishes to you and your family.

John

Attachments

• Kal Boat e.jpg
    Kal Boat e.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 18

jakester

You'll always have Tuck in your heart. Great tribute. Went through that 4 years ago,only animal lovers get it. Now I have to go back to my Printing press with tears in my eyes. Might have a job or two slightly out of registration. Hang in there.

mrsskidoo

That brings tears to me eyes! When I put my beloved cat Tiger to rest, he was 19 and I cried for days! My heart goes out to you and you're family!

chadlyt

hey thanks guys. I still have his older sister around, who made a few appearances in the video, to take care of me. It's amazing how dogs mourn also.

My daughter asked me why I got dogs before she was born. Because if i had gotten them after wards, she would have gotten to spend more time with them. I told them the dogs were a test to see if i could put up with real kids and that she should thank them. :D

Last edited:

zrgrl

A Dog's Prayer
Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside... for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land... for you are my god... and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Sorry for your loss, healing will only take time. Just remember that Tuck was loved and you gave him the best!