saying goodbye to a four legged friend..

dew69

Nice video. Thanks for sharing with us. I should not have watched this at work! I can not wait to get home and give my four legged buddy a GREAt BIG hug!!

booondocker

What a nice video..though I don't know how you did it with the memory still vividly implanted in your brain. I know I couldn't...at least for awhile.

These animals tug at our heart strings. Worm their way into our life, and steal the show.

We enjoy them at each moment, through the good and the bad, and then in a whisper they are a memory.

Surely it is one of man's endurance tests. Adding fullness to our lives, but reminding us that once gone, there is emptiness too.

I have had to do the unthinkable many times over my lifetime and each time it gets harder than the time before...(if that is even possible) and yet, I find that I head back for another dose.

We all feel your pain....May your sadness turn to fond memories quickly.

dolph

My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family(dogs included) for your loss. Hang in there its allways good to keep them close to your heart. Great video, it brougth tears to both my wife and myself.

harski

We feel your pain. Hang in there and keep the faith. Hopefully Tuck will bump into my two old friends Max and Hootch as they'll keep him in good company too!

Harski

ridesafe

Sorry for your loss of a furry friend. That is one of the hardest things a owner has to do. Hang in there. Time will heal the hole in the heart.
My thoughts are with ya!

Eric

cjm

Sorry for your loss.
The following poem was sent to me after having to put my beloved cocker spaniel Hugo down 1 1/2 years ago. The words bring me comfort in knowing that we did what was best for him.

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown

bankers_hours

Sorry for your loss. Went through this with our golden last fall, toughest day of my life. They become your best friend, unconditional love. I could see that in your video.
We recently brought a new golden retriever puppy into our lives, maybe a little sooner than I planned but my daughter wore me down until I said yes, and I'm glad I did.
I wish you good memories during your time of loss.

Pat