Scary Stuff!

skibob

Spokeo,

I removed my wife & I.
Typed in Tiger Woods, FL. just to see what would happen.....
It pulled an address & phone # in Windemere, FL. & showed Eldrick T. Woods underneath...just wow! WAY TOO MUCH info available out there to anybody.
Probably a great site for stalkers though :)

snocrazy

There are a ton of other web sites like this one. I would not worry

Yes there are. A lot of the personal info comes from facebook and people not setting security to block the public from your personal info.

Any of you hear about the hackers that downloaded and created a file containing most all info exposed on facebook? I was told the file is out there on warez sites and torrents titled "forever is a long time". I know large corporations are using this information when hiring. Kind of scary.

I wonder if the people who are not listed do not have facebook.

doospunk

Now they have your email address.

I've found the best way around this is to just go and open a yahoo/hotmail/gmail or other free email account, and use that whenever an email address is required for stuff like this! Never have to look at it, or deal with marketing scams. Just go do a delete on the inbox once a month or so to keep space available.

penaltyvectors

How did you delete it?

You have to first locate your name and then copy the URL. Go to the privacy link at the bottom right of the page. Once you click on that it will ask you if you want to delete your information you paste the URL in that with your email address. You will get a confirmation email with a URL that you have to click on to verify and then it will say you were removed.

jbs

If they know so much about me, why do I need to give them my e-mail address so I can be removed from their site???

The Apostate

Yes there are. A lot of the personal info comes from facebook and people not setting security to block the public from your personal info.

Any of you hear about the hackers that downloaded and created a file containing most all info exposed on facebook? I was told the file is out there on warez sites and torrents titled "forever is a long time". I know large corporations are using this information when hiring. Kind of scary.

Nope. I'm on FB but not on their list. My FB account is private though only friends I accept can see my stuff maybe that has something to do with it.

lofsfire

There are a ton of other web sites like this one. I would not worry

Yep, this is just one of may website out there that collect the data and pull it together in one spot. House and tax info is probably coming right from you county government website.

Anyways everything that is shown, is public data, but the scary part is, with just a few pieces of that info in the wrong hands, a lot can be done.

As far as facebook I searched myself and my mother came up also. She does not use facebook or much of anything other than a work email. I checked my wife who is on FB and nothing. So I would say it just random depending on what they find.

Also to everyone that said they "DELETED" themselves, please realize the you have only remove yourself from this search engine. Your info is still on the net somewhere. And to be honest if it hit the net once there is a copy of it some else as well.

Remove a listing
You can also remove your Spokeo listing from public searches for free. Please note that removing your Spokeo listing from public searches does not remove your information from the third-party data sources. Your information will still be shown on other people search sites, and you will need to contact those third-party sites one-by-one, or use ReputationDefender to protect your online identity.

blkhwkbob

You do realize that if you search on your name, and then your phone number...they now have both. Then put in your e-mail address and you've given them more than they ever had!

arcticman

Here's another one

I was on FB early this morning and my laptop was ruined System Tool 2011 put a virus on there and then try to get me to buy thier software. Had this happen one other time it is a scam. I will take back to office depot and pay them to fix will not support Con Artist.

xcsp

Entered in my phone number, info came up, some correct, some not, but another thing I didn't like is the fact that they have a recent (within 1 year) ground level picture of my house/yard, !

Don't care for that to be on the 'net! So much for privacy.