Ski Doo Rev NO DASH and Headlights HELP

nossbossk

Looking for some help guys and gals.....i have a 2007 mxz 800 powertech blizzard.. has about 1200miles on it.. last year my gauges and head lights wouldnt come on when i started it,, twice... shut it off by pulling the teather "DESS" and plugged it back in and started it up and everything was fine... thought it wasnt making a good connection or something.... started sled up and took it out of the trailer for the first ride of the season last weekend and wow no headlights, no guages, nothing.... starts and runs fine messed with the cord "DESS" wiggled wires etc... nothing.....Trying to see if anyone has had a problem like this with a rev.... Thinking i must have a bad connection some where or something............. Guess i should start pulling plugs apart and checking etc........OR..... could the "DESS" switch cause this??? Any feed back would be great......... Love the sled and NO buying a different brand is not the option i am looking for... LOL Thanks...

skidoomatt

Sounds like the ever popular relay problem. Find your relay/fuse block and check your relays...try pulling them out and reseating them. Check the wires below them too, where the relay actually plugs into...those can become disconnected too. If you determine one of the relays is bad, you can cross reference the stock one to one at a local parts store...much cheaper than OEM. Buy a spare while your at it...and carry it with you on the sled.

russholio

Sounds like the ever popular relay problem. Find your relay/fuse block and check your relays...try pulling them out and reseating them. Check the wires below them too, where the relay actually plugs into...those can become disconnected too. If you determine one of the relays is bad, you can cross reference the stock one to one at a local parts store...much cheaper than OEM. Buy a spare while your at it...and carry it with you on the sled.

Yep, what Matt said. Plenty of troubles like this on DooTalk!

nossbossk

Guys this is just what i was hoping for... Well not a problem with my sled but someone else experiencing this same problem before... I will check the relays this weekend/ buy a spare anyway.....Thanks for the help and or ideas again... No i dont live out west... I live in INDIANA

nossbossk

Indy check these out...... NOV 6th 2010 northwest indiana 4"....Today NOV 9th 73degrees...LOL gotta love it...

Attachments

• 1st snow 2010 052.jpg
    1st snow 2010 052.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 70
  • 1st snow 2010 057.jpg
    1st snow 2010 057.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 69

zimmbob

I have a buddy that had a 2007 MXZ XRS 800, and he had similar issues. But his problem was with the tail light wire under the seat. It was shorting out. Fixed the wire, and all was good. So if your relay doesn't fix it, check the tail light wire...

skidoo50

The relays are under the hood or zip tied under the left side cover. The napa relay AR 143 with the tab on it won't work inside the box until you cut off the tab. Everyone that rides a rev should carry a spare!

nossbossk

lofsfire........ do you live in seasons? lofs? if so we are kinda neighbors i am just outside there, porter county side on 725

nossbossk

skidoomatt... and others thank you for the imput... finally got arround to checking it out and sure thing....... changed the relay and all was good.... any ideas why this would go bad... is there something to look into...... dont just like changing parts every so often...welll for $8 and all is good... cant complain... but you know what i mean... thanks all for the help.... and last post guy with the f7,, hope it is better than the dragon was for you last year.....lol nice post jimbo.... let it snow boys....

russholio

It went bad because "shtuff" happens. Seriously, this is a common occurrence with Revs. Just one of those things, not anything you did or didn't do. Glad to hear you got it worked out. Oh yeah, don't forget to carry a spare!

muss

I had the same problem on a 2004 GSX and it was the relay, Last year my 2007 Renegade would not start, I thought for sure it was the battery so I spent around $75.00
And the time to put a new one in, still nothing. I bought the Napa relay put it in and it Fired right up, very easy to replace in a 2007 as it is in a box in the hood, easiest fix ever. I have learned if you have any problems with a Rev always start with the relay!