SkiDoo reverse beeper location?...

danzo

Mxz1200TNT. Does anyone know where the "beeper" is located when the sled is put into reverse? Looked on parts microfiche and cant find it. I think the sound comes from up in the console area but not sure?? Any help is appreciated...Thanks

momoney2123

Mxz1200TNT. Does anyone know where the "beeper" is located when the sled is put into reverse? Looked on parts microfiche and cant find it. I think the sound comes from up in the console area but not sure?? Any help is appreciated...Thanks

It is in the console behind the gauges. post-69990-0-70583600-1360915645.jpg

danzo

Thanks....

Do you know if it runs off a relay or something? Mine works kinda when it wants to. Not really a pattern to it either. Or is it linked to the reverse linkage mechanically? thanks Again

T

Tracker

Do you know if it runs off a relay or something? Mine works kinda when it wants to. Not really a pattern to it either. Or is it linked to the reverse linkage mechanically? thanks Again

an older arctic cats the actuator is on the dipstick holder attachment and when you shift in reverse a little lever pushes a button on a selinoid mounted there...not sure bout skidoo but should be similar

mezz

In light of the fact that your sled is an electronic reverse, the reverse button itself may activate the reverse signal (back up beeper) I would suggest to check with the dealer, it may be a faulty switch.:confused:-Mezz

T

Tracker

ok 2 things....one....LOUIE SKIBO is your man call him at POWERMODZ ....2....its probably in here

momoney2123

Honestly on a 1200 I have no idea. The 1200 does not have RER its mechanical as far as i know.

russholio

Honestly on a 1200 I have no idea. The 1200 does not have RER its mechanical as far as i know.

There is an electronic reverse, but it isn't RER. RER is the engine actually runnng in reverse, but the electronic reverse on a 1200 (or at least, my 1200) is simply an electric actuator engaging the reverse gear (versus the rider having to pull a lever).

danzo

First, its is not like a Arctic Cat and shouldnt be compared to one. Second, it is not a RER or Electronic reverse. The GSX model only had a "electronic" reverse. It is mechanical. RER makes the motor spin backwards and you cant spin a 4 Stroke backwards. I found out is part of the cluster and the whole cluster needs to be replaced to fix it. I appreciate the answers for those who know what thier talking about.....

ezra

I found out is part of the cluster and the whole cluster needs to be replaced to fix it. I appreciate the answers for those who know what thier talking about.....
deff sound like a doo thing put it all in the cluster and charge a ton for the cluster. prob modeled after the extremely profitable sea doo gauge