sled ramp?

special_k

One of my buddies is going to Houghton this weekend to ride, and will have his sled in the back of his truck. Are there any convenient places around the lift bridge for him to unload that thing? Assuming he doesn't want a hernia, would be nice to have a place he could back up to, etc... Anybody have any ideas other than him gunning it in reverse? :)

phil4snow

I would do the snowbank but if you dont want that maybe drive by the local dealers and Im sure they could help you out.

gsxgirl

I'm going up without the husband this weekend. No sense in dragging up the whole trailer for one sled. I'm going to put my sled in the back of my truck. Unloading is easy with a tree and a tow strap. Set the brake, wrap the tow strap around a tree, hook up the tow strap to your suspension and quickly drive forward. It will slide right out of your truck bed.

The snowbank idea works great, too. The tow strap and tree is just more fun!

Have a great time riding!

zimmbob

There are always good snowbanks down by the bridge, near the parking lot (under the bridge). I've done it by myself in my truck too. out is easy, just pull the back end off, set it down, get the carbides on the edge, and drive forward. sled will drop off. getting it back up there is a bit tougher, but i bet you could flag someone down to help lift up the front end, then from there one guy can just lift up the back end and push it in.

qber

Snow banks

I was there a week ago and the snow banks from plowing the lots were big enough. I imagine the banks in the Ramada parking lot (next to the Bridge) should work.
Ted