Sledbed Enclosed Trailer Opinion

doofan1

Looking at a used Sledbed 102" x 20' enclosed trailer. The enclosure is a low profile 54" tall drive in/out with 1 large door in the back and the entire front flips open. The owner tells me it a 1994.

Any opinion on this brand? Anybody own one ?

Looks like its rather heavy built all aluminum, beams. Asking 5K but I think there may be room in that number. My only thought is the low height to stand up in might be an issue but I'm only hauling sleds in it not living in it.

If not this brand what do you like? I have had (2) tritons 2 place and (1) loadmaster 4 place open trailer. All pulled well. But I think it's time for an enclosed 4 place. Currently haul 2 long track and 2 short track but i can see that changing to 4 long track. I assume 4 will fit in a 20' enclosed

Thanks

whitedust

I looked at Sledbed about that vintage think it was 12 foot. I liked the trailer thought it was well built had nice enclosure features. Salesperson started to nickle & dime me after we had deal so I walked screw him bought a Triton.

Low profile is great for towing but a real pain for anything else. Been there done that. How tall are your sleds. Can you pick the rear-ends up if they freeze down without hitting the windshields. I couldn't on my low profile trailer so I traded. I think $5,000 is rather high for that old of a trailer too. And if there's a possibility of 4 long tracks in your future, 20' isn't long enough. At least mine wouldn't fit.

440_chazz

Speaking of Sled Bed, I have a 12 foot V nose with a fiberglass cap. The cap needs some TLC. Anybody ever paint fiberglass? How hard is it to do. I got quoted 800 bucks to have someone paint it and thought that was a little steep. Picture of the trailer is shown.

Attachments

• 100_0524.jpg
    100_0524.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 23

ezra

5g sounds way high for a 1994.
my bud had one of the low pro deals just hope your sled parked on passenger side starts in 2 pulls.

mezz

5 grand for a '94 is way too much. I had a Wells Cargo 20' low profile, pulled excellent, & well built. It did what I needed it to do. Be aware, without the additional room of a v-nose, you will not get 4 long trackers in there without getting creative with the back 2 sleds. I hauled 3 with no problems, 2 facing forward, last one in backwards between the others. Being 6-2, I wished I had a taller trailer, but, for long hauls, less wind resistance with the low profile.-Mezz

doofan1

Guys thanks for the responses. I have not had an enclosed trailer yet and did nto really give much thought to the heght being an issue when trying too move the sleds.

Any input on R&R trailers?

polarisrider1

Guys thanks for the responses. I have not had an enclosed trailer yet and did nto really give much thought to the heght being an issue when trying too move the sleds.

I got an R&R 12' clam shell. total junk. I would need several pages to list all the issues.

ezra

the ting with alloy trailers is they really don't loose value.
I say go out get a new one use it as a work related tax deduction.
most trailer company's work with finance companies if u don't have all the scratch.
so what u finance 5g over 2 yrs max all that interest can also be used as a deduction.
what little it would be u can prob get 2 or 3 yr under 4%
now you have bearings that will only need grease a wiring harness that wont need duck tape with in the yr hinges that are good for the next 10 yrs a floor that still has 10yr warranty.
and when u go to sell it in 5 yrs y will prob only loose a grand or less.
u can get a nice 4 place all alloy with led lights fuse panel and 12v and 120 int lights white walls for just under 10
or this nice lightly used prob less than 2 yrs old 25 for $7800 http://beckercustomtrailers.com/trailers/specials-used

sw_lower

Brand new R&R...20ARC...4,999.00...Factory Direct..888-316-4675 ______www.rnrtrailers.com

Last edited:

I bought a used 8.5' x 16' (+ 3.5' v) R&R this fall. Great trailer. Love it. It has a 6' interior height, which is nice for loading, etc. This makes the fold-down ramp doors longer, so you don't need nearly as much speed to load. If I had found a trailer with a 5.5' interior height I would have bought it just to make towing easier. But maybe there isn't that much difference in the last 6".