Sno Valley Riders Snowmobile Club Sidnaw/Bruce Crossing, Mi.

Dave_B

Groomer Report;

Merry Christmas!

We only have about 3 or 4 inches of snow on most of our trails. There is snow in the forecast in the next several days which should make it ridable with caution.

The gates are still closed to keep trucks out of those sensitive areas until we have enough snow to ride snowmobiles.

Trail #3 North to Rockland is in POOR condition.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is in POOR condition.

Trail #3/8 from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is in POOR condition.

Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is in POOR condition.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is in POOR condition.

Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Sidnaw is in POOR condition.

Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is in POOR condition.

Use caution when using the RiderX trail maps, they are wrong! Watch the trail signs for the correct routes.

Please do not climb the “Military Hill” from the highway to the fence, we have ongoing erosion issues there and the hill climbers are adding to the problem.

Watch for the groomers, they take up most of the trail and have the right of way! Pull over for them.

Have a fun and safe trip, thank you for riding our trails and visiting our local businesses!

whitedust

Good to hear from BC & Sidnaw areas. Difficult for me to ride anywhere in WUP without passing thru BC or Sidnaw. Is Sidnaw Eats still open?

Dave_B

Sidnaw Eats is open but, I have no idea what their hours are. The Sidnaw Station (FKA Tommy's) is open and has been renovated as a bar/grill. Very nice inside and, they now have a new pump. Check them out on facebook for more info.

whitedust

Thanks we prefer Sindaw Eats to minimart...used buy a lot of gas from Tommy but better 4s mpg has us rolling into Lanse for first fill from Phelps.
We do top off in Sidnaw on return trip no point pressing range on unplowed FRs.

old abe

Sidnaw MiniMart total remodeled. Very good food, very good people! Now new gas pump! Good to go!

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 12-26-15

We have 6 to 8 inches total on the ground now and it is still snowing at this time. The gates are open and trees have been cleared. You will have to be cautious when riding now, there are still rocks etc that are not covered. Watch for drooping trees also, the wet heavy snow has several trees bent down. I would say our conditions are better than poor but not quite fair yet. Typical early season riding.

We will be out grooming as soon as we can.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is in POOR condition.

Trail #3/8 from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is in POOR condition.

Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is in POOR condition.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is in POOR condition.

Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Sidnaw is in POOR condition.

Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is in POOR condition.

Use caution when using the RiderX trail maps, they are wrong! Watch the trail signs for the correct routes.

Please do not climb the “Military Hill” from the highway to the fence, we have ongoing erosion issues there and the hill climbers are adding to the problem.

Watch for the groomers, they take up most of the trail and have the right of way! Pull over for them.

Have a fun and safe trip, thank you for riding our trails and visiting our local businesses!

For more information, please be sure to visit out facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/Sno-Valley...Crossing-Mi-136797989679726/?notif_t=page_fan

Dave_B

Groomer Report; 12-29-15

We have 6 to 8 inches total on the ground now. The gates are open and most of the downed trees have been cleared. You will have to be cautious when riding now, there are still rocks, ruts, stumps, wet areas, etc that are not covered. Watch for drooping trees, the wet heavy snow has several trees bent down. I would say our conditions are better than poor but not quite fair yet in most areas. Typical early season riding.

We will be out grooming as soon as we can.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is in POOR to FAIR condition.

Trail #3/8 from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is in POOR to FAIR condition.

Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is in POOR to FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is in POOR to FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Sidnaw is in POOR to FAIR condition.

Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is in FAIR condition.

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 1-4-16

We have some fresh snow on the ground so we will go out and work on the trail some today. You will have to be cautious when riding now, there are still rocks, ruts, stumps, wet areas and drooping trees out there. I would say our conditions are between poor and fair in most areas. You could still call it early season riding conditions.

We will be out grooming as conditions allow.

Trail #3 North to Rockland is in POOR to FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is in POOR to FAIR condition.

Trail #3/8 from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is in POOR to FAIR condition.

Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is in FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is in POOR to FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Sidnaw is in POOR to FAIR condition.

https://www.facebook.com/Sno-Valley-...tif_t=page_fan

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 1-8-16

We received about three inches of wet snow overnight and more on the way. We are supposed to get some cold weather for several days after today, that should firm up this wet snow nicely. You still need to be cautious when riding, there are still rocks, ruts, stumps, wet areas and drooping trees out there. I would say our conditions are fair in most areas.

Trail #3 North to Rockland is in POOR to FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is in FAIR condition.

Trail #3/8 from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is in FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is in FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Sidnaw is in FAIR condition.

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 1-10-16

We have been getting some snow every day for the last several days and it is making for some nice riding conditions. All of our trails were groomed Friday night and Saturday afternoon. The single digit temps. that we have now will make things tighten up nicely and there is snow in the forecast for the next few days. There are a couple areas on our system that are still a bit troublesome but overall it is pretty good.

Trail #3 North to Rockland is in FAIR condition with a couple wet spots.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is in FAIR condition.

Trail #3/8 from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is in FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is in FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Sidnaw is in GOOD condition.

Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is in GOOD condition.

https://www.facebook.com/Sno-Valley-...tif_t=page_fan

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 1-13-16

We are getting some snow every day now and it is making for some nice riding conditions. The single digit and below 0 temps. that we have now will make things tighten up nicely and there is snow in the forecast for the next several days. There are a couple areas on our system that are still a bit troublesome but overall it is pretty good.

We are grooming on our regular schedule for now.

Trail #3 North to Rockland is in GOOD condition with a couple wet spots.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is in GOOD condition.

Trail #3/8 from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is in GOOD condition.

Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is in GOOD condition with a couple thin spots.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is in GOOD condition.

sweeperguy

whats wrong with the riderx maps?
coming up friday may use them

I'm thinking you'll probably be okay with riderX maps. You would be using for planning, not for turn by turn direction right? The impression I get from these posts is there are turns and routes that are not exactly represented by the app. But it sound like trails are signed to keep you on track, and I'm pretty sure you would come out to the same destination. Maybe double check with a paper map just to ensure proper planning. I've never had problems locating a paper map in the area. Seem to be available everywhere.

snobuilder

some ppl say this sport is not for long....i wonder if they think that because in the future ppl will have to stop every 2 miles and pull there smarty phones out....LOL

CatsOnly

I'm thinking you'll probably be okay with riderX maps. You would be using for planning, not for turn by turn direction right? The impression I get from these posts is there are turns and routes that are not exactly represented by the app. But it sound like trails are signed to keep you on track, and I'm pretty sure you would come out to the same destination. Maybe double check with a paper map just to ensure proper planning. I've never had problems locating a paper map in the area. Seem to be available everywhere.

yes, always have a paper trail map with me. Kinda want to map and record my ride this weekend

1fujifilm

Groomer Report: 1-13-16

We are getting some snow every day now and it is making for some nice riding conditions. The single digit and below 0 temps. that we have now will make things tighten up nicely and there is snow in the forecast for the next several days. There are a couple areas on our system that are still a bit troublesome but overall it is pretty good.

We are grooming on our regular schedule for now.

Trail #3 North to Rockland is in GOOD condition with a couple wet spots.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is in GOOD condition.

Trail #3/8 from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is in GOOD condition.

Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is in GOOD condition with a couple thin spots.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is in GOOD condition.

Dave speaks the truth and is honest.
I rode from Hancock, MI Watersmeet, MI today and the trails through the entire area are excellent; grooming was done in all areas I rode on and only met 12 sleds over 98 miles.
Thank you Dave.

Bear

catalac

Dave speaks the truth and is honest.
I rode from Hancock, MI Watersmeet, MI today and the trails through the entire area are excellent; grooming was done in all areas I rode on and only met 12 sleds over 98 miles.
Thank you Dave.

Bear

Im kicking myself for not meeting you up there. I knew it would be good. Hopefully I'll be heading up soon.