Snowies - April 2009

snowdance

Cuzz, I have the same trailer as you do in the 1st pic. Maybe a little older. How does yours tow? It seems that no matter what vehicle tows it there is big drop off in gas mileage. More than there should be. Do you notice this? I'm thinking its something to do with the aerodynamics with the wedge in front and how it catches air and road debris (slush, snow, dirt). Any thoughts? Thanks

legend02

I pulled that same trailer a few weeks ago, the thing is a tank compared to my two place with the flip up top. I didn't notice any worse gas mileage then pulling mine.

cuzzinolaf

Snowdance - What do you consider "good" gas mileage? I really can't compare the trailer to anything. I had a v-nose enclosed that was a tank behind my small SUV so this is better. That is my buddy's truck and we averaged 11 mpg or so if I had to guess. We were going into the wind on the way out and then on the way home (unpleasant surprise).

mguthrie

Awesome pics. Dhealy8 and myself are heading to the snowies again next February. Would be fun to ride with some fellow JD'ers next yr in the mtn's.

snowdance

My vehicle (Mini SUV) gets 19-21 MPG. When pulling that trailer it gets as low as 8 MPG. Also my buddy has a Yukon and with a 2-place open trailer you can barely tell its behind you and not much of a hit on gas mileage, but when he pulls mine he says its a huge difference.

ilinisnwchasr

I never had my truck work so hard pulling a trailer. it was more like 9.5 MPG. and driving into the wind both ways was a total bummer. might have been better to just tow with fgsacts 4-place.
awesome trip. just now healed from sun/wind burn. scary <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> on that sidehill of widowmaker. that snow was really hard when i got over there, and i turned down pretty quickly. Matt torn them hills up though. next time i'll clutch properly and try to hang.

attack_06

cuzzin dont worry the attack stays here for the trails. i hope to find a m or rmk this year maybe at haydays.i have been reading your posts this year. and can no longer hold back. ive got the itch for boons and mountains.

biff

Cuzzin Sweet pics man, brings back great memories. I'd like some of those pics for our myspace page but I've been suspended from posting pics and vids on there. (something about copyrights)HA, J-azzs. If they reinstate me I'll get back to ya. In the mean time we are working on a new website that hopfully will cool the copyright police for a while.