snowmobile clubs

polarisrider1

what i am asking is, Do your boards, be the only ones with a vote. I would not be so bothered but the members do not have a vote on anything but elections.

We have a board to save you the hassle of all that. Most the time we don't even bother the board. The "Bridges" makes most the decissions. Remember we are on the board to build the club not wreck it. Sometimes we have to work around the negativity. I get input from members before making a major decision. Who really cares as me being the "Road Captain" as to were exactly we ride. I put rides together to visit other chapters of our club and to try to stay off 4 lane highways. We have tons of senic routes to take in West michigan. I recomend if you have a bike to visit us and ride Michigan. This state has so much to offer.

polarisrider1

what i am asking is, Do your boards, be the only ones with a vote. I would not be so bothered but the members do not have a vote on anything but elections.

no, in our Motorcycle riding group we all vote at meetings if you are a member in good standings (paid dues). In our boat club it is willy nilly board makes decissions and rest follow. never a complaint.

tman

"I would never want to be part of a club that would have me as a member!"

I believe it was Groucho Marx who coined that phrase.

snow_monkey

I went to join my local snowmobile club and found out the president lives next door to me. I have lived there for 14 years and have never seen a snowmobile track in his driveway. Their meetings are on Teusdays but they lack exposure and I see no events or even riders sporting the logos. When I first moved to the area the club was much better. Then they had vintage weekends when everyone would pull out the old stuff and burn up the local trails and various other events. I know there are better clubs then this one.

catalac

I can't believe the guy has never seen your sled out, and said something to you. Not a very gung ho type of president, huh?

doomsman

I went to join my local snowmobile club and found out the president lives next door to me. I have lived there for 14 years and have never seen a snowmobile track in his driveway. Their meetings are on Teusdays but they lack exposure and I see no events or even riders sporting the logos. When I first moved to the area the club was much better. Then they had vintage weekends when everyone would pull out the old stuff and burn up the local trails and various other events. I know there are better clubs then this one.

Could be burn out of older members, join and ask how to help.
Get involved and plan some activities, post flyers and perhaps
the club will grow.

mikeh906

Well, W. C . Fields, said the world is only one drink behind me. Ernist Hemmingway, he made the Keys a household word. Way to many drinking quotes to quote.

dale_58

we need members

Anoka Winter Knights donate to fire departments
Government, News | Friday, March 11, 2011 8:00 am by Tammy Sakry | 1 Comment

by Tammy Sakry
Staff writer

Members of the Anoka Winter Knights Snowmobile Club made two special deliveries recently.

Anoka Winter Knights Arnie Wicht of Ramsey (left, front) and Bernie Grandy of Nowthen watch as St. Francis Fire Department Lt. Carl Johnson and Firefighter George Bichler accept a donation of $750 from Anoka Winter Knights President Mike Stewart Sr. March 7 during a St. Francis City Council meeting. Photo by Tammy Sakry
The club donated $750 to both the Ramsey and St. Francis fire departments.

St. Francis will be using the money to purchase a waterproof immersion suit used in ice/water rescues, said Fire Marshal Kim Swenson of the donation presented March 7.

The Ramsey Fire Department, which received its donation March 3, will be using the money to purchase an ice/water rescue suit and rescue rope for its fire station in Nowthen, said Chief Dean Kapler.

Although the snowmobile club is located in Anoka, the club gives money to area communities where club members live or with trails that members use, said Mike Stewart Sr., Anoka Winter Knights president.

“We want to keep the money in the areas where it could assist snowmobilers, if necessary,” he said.

The club earns money by joining five other clubs to organize the annual Rum River Outlaw Grass Drags in Princeton.

Each club splits the proceeds and the Anoka Knights picks a different city each year to give its proceeds, Stewart said.

With no trails of its own, the club likes to put the money back into the community and into cities that have trails its 23 club members use.

One of the reasons Ramsey and St. Francis were chosen this year is because last year the cities opened up trails that have previously been restricted, Stewart said.

“They have become more friendly to snowmobilers,” he said.

The club’s donations revolve around snowmobiling and safety, Stewart said.

It is also a way to bring attention to the club and the importance of joining a snowmobiling club, he said.

In addition to the group snowmobiling events and the camaraderie of fellow enthusiasts, joining a club helps raise the funds to maintain existing snowmobile trails and create new ones, Stewart said.

The Anoka Winter Knights club has been around for more than 20 years.

The Rum River Outlaw Grass Drags event will be Aug. 26-28 this year.

Tammy Sakry is

benden1

"I would never want to be part of a club that would have me as a member!"

Ok old timers, who coined that phrase?

By the way, I am a member of the Valley Snowdrifters via financial methods only, wish I had the time to be more active. I am also on the board of directors of the Keweenaw Trails Services and Keweenaw ATV Club and plan to join up with them good folks just south of us.

-John

Groucho Marx