Snowmobile Lift

I've got one. What do you need to know? It is handy for certain things, but sometimes the bars can get in the way if you are doing anything with the front area of the track. That is one negative. But overall a good item if you do alot of stuff yourself.

brian90

There is a company in Minnesota called TrickLift that makes very nice lifts. Welds are nice and is very high quality. Very reasonable. Ad is on craigslist.

whitedust

I have a Marlift had it for years but think I paid like $500 years ago. Very good to have sled at a convenient level to work on engine change carbides whatever but yes you do need a wheel kit with brakes to move the sled where you need to have it to work on. This one seems cheap may not be well built & would have to see it 1st.

polarisrider1

Says lift capacity 700#'s. well that rules out four strokers.... Last year at Novi, Smurfrider bought a lift with wheels and extensions for mtn. sleds for around $150. he said it is sturdy and works just fine. Suspect if your going to Haydays, Milwaukee or Novi you will find something that will work just fine and no shipping cost added on.

doofan1

Guys

Thanks for the input. I agree the one I found a picture of looks cheap and would be nice to see in person.

I plan to use this to get the sled in the air for so I do not have to bend over to polish tunnel. Plus it would be nice to get a sled in the air for front end work

My 11 year old son likes to use the wire feed welder and we have some scrap steel around so I though this might be a nice addition to the garage. I did not want to go through the efforts though if it was more trouble to use than its worth though.

ezra

get in the truck and buy one at hay days.
u need a lift so that is the excuse for a 2 day father son testosterone filled bonding weekend.
every guy has to have hay days punched on his man card.
last yr I know there were over 5 guys selling new lifts I know cuz I had to look at them all with my bud who got a new one for the trailer. sun late afternoon got him 40 bucks off.
150 with wheel kit powder coated red

Last edited:

polarisrider1

get in the truck and buy one at hay days.
u need a lift so that is the excuse for a 2 day father son testosterone filled bonding weekend.
every guy has to have hay days punched on his man card.
last yr I know there were over 5 guys selling new lifts I know cuz I had to look at them all with my bud who got a new one for the trailer. sun late afternoon got him 40 bucks off.
150 with wheel kit powder coated red

Amazing how waiting to last minute at the shows helps get the price down. The guy at Novi said, "Well my truck is way out back in the lot, just take it off my hands and then I got one less to haul out". We said, "Glad to help out". laughed and went for the door with that heavy lift. We were also way the heck out in the front lot. But he got a deal. Bet it is the same guy. this one is also red.

doofan1

I went to hay days about 16 years ago before the kids came along. Would love to go back soon but now the 2 boys are in football 1 in JV/Varsity the other plays gridiron every Saturday for the next 8 weeks. Makes it tough to make the 6 hour trip to hay days. Maybe the Milwaukee Snow show will have someone selling them.

Although I have this thing about building our own stuff. Usually ends up costing me more time and effort but "Damn It I did it right" is what I keep hearing in the back of my mind. Plus it gives me a chance to work in the garage with the boys.

longtrack

Says lift capacity 700#'s. well that rules out four strokers.... Last year at Novi, Smurfrider bought a lift with wheels and extensions for mtn. sleds for around $150. he said it is sturdy and works just fine. Suspect if your going to Haydays, Milwaukee or Novi you will find something that will work just fine and no shipping cost added on.

Mine looks just like the one in the Pic and lifts my 4 Stroke Skidoo's just fine. It also lifts my Sons 164" Yamaha. I bet my Wife could sit on my 1200 grand touring and it would still lift it. But that might be pushing it a little.

catalac

Mine looks just like the one in the Pic and lifts my 4 Stroke Skidoo's just fine. It also lifts my Sons 164" Yamaha. I bet my Wife could sit on my 1200 grand touring and it would still lift it. But that might be pushing it a little.

I hope you meant the weight of the Grand Touring would be pushing it, and not that of your wife. Lol.

dale_58

we made a few that style,a few years back.We used roller blade wheels (4)1 on each side of the bars that sit on the floor.Used a (1/4" or 5/16" bolt which ever fits the I.D. of the bearing in the wheel) (thru washer -wheel -bar -then the other -wheel -washer-nut) Put in the center of the braces that pivot up (for balance)We used a 3/8" swivel (socket extention) on the end of the jack for the handle to raise and lower.Used a impact wrench but it didn't take long and it messed up the crappy bearing on the end of the jack.WORKS GREAT....Good Luck

doofan1

.Well I found a set of plans and started making one the other night. Almost done with it just need to weld the brackets for the jack on it and paint it. I'll post pics once complete.

doofan1

I had about $100.00 in cost in this including the jack. (ordered that off ebay for $27.00) I built it out of 1/8" but you could probably get away with 12awg and save a few bucks. Its pretty heavy. At some point I will be adding wheels to it just need to come across some first.

I don't plan to make and sell these just a project for my garage. If you factor in your time and beverage cost I'm sure its more cost effective to just go buy one but what fun is that? Plus my kids are learning to weld so I need to take advantage of that when I can. Cheap labor and all

dale_58

use the roller blade wheels as I stated earlier they are outstanding.only need 4 then you have your wheel kit.