Snowmobiler hit by Car

dfattack

wonder if the traffic is up (sleds/riders) this year and therefore higher accidents simply due to the numbers??

wiscrev

wonder if the traffic is up (sleds/riders) this year and therefore higher accidents simply due to the numbers??
Seems to be. Have seen plenty here in St Germain. Also, the races were well attended. Probably everyone glad they could "let their hair down" after 3 years of Covid.

katden4

Always wore a Tek Vest when riding. Protection and posture. Once started wearing one, I never got tired even on long hauls.
I always do as well. Not only for a crash, but I have had several close calls with deer. Those are the ones that make my put it on every time.

whitedust

I’ve been riding with a sixsixone for years size my jacket and bibs for it. Yet only 50% of buds wear protection. Never know when an off will come and it will sooner or later. Had one of mine in 2018 on railroad tracks and another in 2019 with Mr Tree hooking my ski cleared the bars and came down on my back not a scratch or bruise. I’ll never ride without protection!

wiscrev

I always do as well. Not only for a crash, but I have had several close calls with deer. Those are the ones that make my put it on every time.
Not only deer, but I had a Bobcat practically jump over me on 8 just east o0f Bergland. Also had a wolf spying me on N Military Rd and Fr720 headed over to 3 to go north to Greenland. Gave me the willies and I kicked the sled in high gear.

bayfly

I think numbers are up. It also seems like there is more riders during the week versus just on the weekends.

I think there are a lot more younger retirees on the trails during the week, myself included. I have been surprised at the number of sleds out during the week. Also it seems that even younger folks have more time and money available for riding. Certainly good for the businesses supporting the trail systems, and badly needed.

goofy600

2 more killed today in vilas, 2 sleds collided both riders dead…. So sad
Yes very sad, near St Germain head on creating a hill from what I heard. Had friends trying to take that trail and got sent a different direction so must have been shortly before they got there.

euphoric1

No disrespect to the people who have lost their lives or their loved ones but for most part head on collisions can be avoided plain and simple just by simply staying on YOUR side of the trail!!! I'm sure many of us had had our close encounter with someone out of pure negligence or respect for the trail is not. I mean I'm sure they stay on their side of the road when driving in the vehicle, why not on the trail??? I will never get it! and for those who can't stay on their side of trail, unless something jumped out at you, lost control because of some kind of mechanical failure, icy or snowy conditions... there is no such thing as "can't" its "wont" Every year it seems like I find myself driving more on the offensive because of idiots who just fail to respect the trails and other riders. How many will it take before people will get it??? Thoughts and prayers to families, friends and loved ones of the ones who have lost their lives.