So.......I started a project, My new Garage!

pclark

On Wednesday the wheels started in motion for my new garage. I have a very complicated lot where I live and it's not just pouring a pad and building a garage. Lots of excavation had to be done first and that happened Wednesday and Thursday, Concrete forms were actually poured late this afternoon as well and the concrete walls will be poured on Friday. So alot has happened in 3 days. The garage will be my dream garage, one that I have wanted but got sidetracked putting a daughter through med school (it's me time now!) it will be 30 x 40 with 9ft height and a room above, heated, drain in the floor, 200 amp service and I tink enough room for two trucks and storage for 18ft boat as well. Some pictures to start off with and I'll try and update as I progress through the summer. Enjoy!
1688086143415.png
1688086206152.png
1688086288903.png
1688086324980.png
1688086396379.png

garageguy

nice, same size as mine.
i went with 10'7" walls so I could have a car lift.
be sure to insulate the floor. maybe think about in floor heat as well.

pclark

nice, same size as mine.
i went with 10'7" walls so I could have a car lift.
be sure to insulate the floor. maybe think about in floor heat as well.
I have 9ft walls, as my garage is built into the side of the hill I am not going to do infloor heat at this time, I may have the tubes put in to do it as a later date. Floor and door will be insulated.

rph130

Nice project. Nice size. I'm sure it will be great when it is done. Just an idea for you. When I built mine, (24 X 40) in 2006, I bought a wall hanging heater unit with a blower at Menards or Home Depot. My fuel supply is two 100-pound LP cylinders on the back (outside) of the garage. The garage is insulated and I put a ceiling in for storage above. The heater will take it from zero to the 50's in about an hour or two in the dead of winter when I need to fix a snowmobile or just need to get out of the cabin for a while. Works well for me.

ICT Sledder

That's exciting! Look forward to following along.

Looks like one of those builds where you get to laugh at folks who tell you about their pole barn or versa tube build on a flat lot.

ICT Sledder

What are you doing to support the excavated up-slope area? Since they've already put the footers in it is a little more difficult to get machinery back there, and you still have some trees with their roots half gone and bare/loose soil.

Not poo-poo-ing you at all, I just was looking again and that thought hit me. Kind of an order of operations sort of thing.

pclark

is your builder concerned about snow sliding off and impacting your cabin roof?
I am actually building the garage myself, am I concerned, maybe, roof will be 30ft span, 6/12 pitch, most likely shingles, snow doesn't slide off shingles up by me anyway.

pclark

What are you doing to support the excavated up-slope area? Since they've already put the footers in it is a little more difficult to get machinery back there, and you still have some trees with their roots half gone and bare/loose soil.

Not poo-poo-ing you at all, I just was looking again and that thought hit me. Kind of an order of operations sort of thing.
excavator comes back before slab is poured and backfills everything, all the fill is up and the top of my lot, pictures will be sent frequently.

pclark

Phase 2 is the house, it will raised 4 ft to level it out with garage and that will give high cielings in the basement where we need them. This is a journey that is finally starting!

Sweep800

Congrats on pulling the trigger on your project, I’m still trying to find the time to do mine and I’m a framing carpenter! Lol