So, What's New?

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could be new or new-to-you. Something for the shop, garage, outdoors, indoors? Let's hear what you got!

Not much happening with us. The wife's car is only a couple years old and I'm perfectly happy with my 9 year old truck. I'll stay put with the sled for another year and the Spyder's not going anywhere. We did spring for some Leafguard gutters on the garage and 3 Season's Room. We added them to the house a couple of years ago and I love'm, I haven't been on a ladder since. I'm also a bit interested in Slimcake's garage floor mats, that might be something I look at before winter gets here. What's New with you?

Gary

Just Got The Second Worst Haircut in My Life

About 45 years ago I bought a hair clippers and told my wife to cut my hair. Worst haircut ever. I went to my Dads to see if he could salvage it at least some. I told my wife you are never going to cut my hair again.

Well, fast forward 45 years and with all the covid happening in the U.P. I bought another hair clippers and told the wife to cut my hair again. No, way in h*ll I'm going to the barber when 1 in 20 folks are walking around covid positive. This time I gave her some directions. I can live with it, but it could have been better. However, it beats being dead from the covid.

wirev

No new toys but door and windows all around------maybe even this year. I say maybe this year because they told me 8-10 weeks or longer. UGH!

slimcake

IMG_20200923_122438892_HDR.jpg finally getting retaining walls. Waited for a year for the guy to have time. Trying now to figure out what color to stain them. That is one of four walls that I am getting. Oh and I got a new Matrix coming that will fit nicely in my new RnR trailer!! I sure hope winter happens!!!

goofy600

Wow where do I start. New plow truck (2001 international dump w/ 11’ blade) in process of new 4season room, wife resigned for job and had a new one a day later, I started working for myself not quite full time but on my time and the big one is moved to the UP full time. Oh ya and a 1966 skidoo Olympic. So been a crazy year.

Carbide

Bought a new 2020 Yamaha FJR1300 in July. Put 8,000 miles on it already.
Waiting for my new 2021 Yamaha Sidewinder to come out of the crate.

eagle1

Bought wifee some light weight tools.

PXL_20200927_163503362.jpg

New sled should be here soon. Holding off on truck til spring.

sweeperguy

Got myself this. 18 Polaris RS-1. It is new had 3 miles on it.
It was a show machine Polaris had UTV Inc. customize it for the unveil of the RS-1. Custom paint, beadlock rims, Simpson racing seat 4 point harness, low profile rollcage, full skid plate. And a bunch other parts and accessories. Got it for an awesome price too, especially considering all the extras. Having a blast in it, good in the mud. And it flies so flat and lands so smooth. You don't even know your leaving the ground.

received_634160687533336.jpg 20200629_070224.jpg received_755968295201918.jpg

snobuilder

I Got me my first Harley.....2013 popo edition.No frills. But has a detachable backrest for the rider. Nice bike!
20190906_171247.jpg
Also,

I am looking for something(used) new., a skidsteer.
What you got?
mid size preferred in good workind cond.
Might be willing to trade the Harley towards it.

Last edited:

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Picked up this 2019 Jetta R-line in April. I've put 17k on it so far, averaging around 42 mpg with it. Most miles out of one tank so far is 604. 13.2 gallon tank. 20200530_204727.jpg

euphoric1

Nothing outstanding but bought myself a 22" Weber smoker, itching to use it!!. At the shop purchased a big Yale forklift with Hard cab and heater in it, big bonus...gasoline powered so no more issues when its really cold out. nothing exciting

elf

Got myself this. 18 Polaris RS-1. It is new had 3 miles on it.
It was a show machine Polaris had UTV Inc. customize it for the unveil of the RS-1. Custom paint, beadlock rims, Simpson racing seat 4 point harness, low profile rollcage, full skid plate. And a bunch other parts and accessories. Got it for an awesome price too, especially considering all the extras. Having a blast in it, good in the mud. And it flies so flat and lands so smooth. You don't even know your leaving the ground.

View attachment 62183 View attachment 62181 View attachment 62182

Sweet!

Indy Thanks for making a guy feel old. I remember seeing you post when you were still in high school funny thing was I recognized you and your sled in Hurley one weekend from posted photos from on here.
Its hard to put it all together when signing papers for a home loan that you are agreeing to a larger payment then you most likely have ever had for the next 30 years!

6 years ago my wife felt we needed a new house and I made the loan officer refer to the end date of the loan as her retirement date since I will be 70 by then.

Congratulations on the new home

Last edited:

racerx

Well not exactly a new home but rather a new permanent residence as I no longer have to go back "home" to Illinois. Earlier this year the wife said we are moving this year before winter, so the covid delayed that and the we put the house up late May and sold in a day. Wife has been here for months and I just got up a week ago as I was finishing my 8 weeks notice but my company wanted me to stay for a TBD time so here I am in living our dream in up north and I got to keep my job at least for awhile as I was expecting to change careers.

slimcake

Congrats on the new digs Indy. I bet you have a hard time getting dirty fingers in that garage. Looks to nice to work outta!! I had a young friend of mine ask me about my experience in building a house. I simply told him that you can buy alot more house than you can build. I bet it would scare you to price that house out now!