Speaking of past members

cooksend

I could be wrong but aren't you the guy that used to make the really entertaining WY sledding videos or am I thinking of someone else?
I use to do lot's of edits back in the day and use to do all the backcountry post with Hiawatha Al. All the way back to the old forum platform.

indy_500

Miss a lot of those guys! I feel like we’re missing quite a few still. Cuzzinolaf and firecatguy used to post a lot as well. Many of them mentioned, I do know have gotten out of snowmobiling, hence the reason for not seeing them on the board. Although I’m only 27, I’ve already been on this board for 15 years and I’ve been obsessed with snowmobiles since I was in grade school, so being around snowmobiles for 20 years, it’s sad to see the amount of people that leave the sport. I definitely don’t post as often as I used to, especially in the off-season as I am so busy coaching baseball and football. This site has introduced me to SO many great people that I have ridden with. Unfortunately I don’t get out that often on the mountain sled and get to ride with many of these people anymore, but the stoke for the sport in general is still just as high!

Last edited:

switch07

I remember the good old days too, watching Indy grow up on this site, lol! Especially the “sled shed” days. You’ve come along way grasshopper!
I visit the site just to see what’s new and going on. Not enough snow in Florida so we gave up the Vipers a few years ago. Even though we winter in Florida now, you will never get the Yooper out of me. We still have our cabin in Door county and get around on the SXS when we can. Full retirement starts for me in three weeks, so we hope to be up in the Yoop with the motorhome and SXS next summer.
Great to hear of Kips expansion, well deserved my friend.
Thanks for starting this thread it’s interesting to hear where everyone is now in their journey through life.
Take care everyone, be safe and respect the land owners, keep the sport going!

Mike & Wendy

Dave_B

I haven't posted in years but, still pop my head in here from time to time to see what's going on. Made a lot of good friends and had a lot of good times with several of the "old-timers". I am still in contact with several but, unfortunately, I think most have gone to facebook.
For me, life with kids growing up kinda got in the way for a bit and I didn't ride for quite a while. I finally made it up a couple of times last year and I plan to get back up several times this coming year.
Sure miss hanging with the old gang every year at the good old "Ride-In". Lot's of fun at those!
Hopefully everyone is doing well and, hopefully, I'll have more things to post about in the future.
Dave

m8man

Mezz would remember but I also do recall fire cat guy and wonder where peeps are.

I will say all the ads make me look/post less

rph130

I remember years ago there was a regular crew on the site and I think the thread was John Dee Family. Skylar, Big Vin, 1000, and a girl from Prior Lake Minnesota, Rev it Up ?? Are they still out there?

BANJOMAN

Although I don’t really post much. I have been a member of this site since the old venue that I believe changed in 2009 so don’t really know why I am considered a new member. On this site almost daily during the season and enjoy the insite and banter between members. Been sledding for almost 40 years and still can’t get enough.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't be sure but your New Member status might be that you don't post that often. Up until today your last post was on March 22nd. That was prior to the site's latest Upgrade. Regardless, welcome and don't be a stranger.

Gary

pclark

Who was the character that always was going to the secret spot? Forgot what his name was?

Lenny

It was sad to hear of the passing of past members on this site, but there are many who I remember from when I first started who had been long time Dee'rs who no longer post, does anyone know if some of them have just moved on? I know there are some we only hear from during snow season, And I know many of you know the names I am referring to and if they are still with us maybe get them back onto the site. I think for some it may have been because of posts that were rejected because of content or opinions but hey... we are all here for the love of the sport and now there is a time and place where opinions can be posted without worries of repercussions. So if anyone knows or is still in touch with the once loyal Dee'rs let's see if we can get them back.
Howdy folks! Long time No see. Russ reached out to me recently and mentioned this thread and just so happened I was thinking recently about this site. It’s where it all began when I was an avid sledded and addicted to the UP. Anyways, I really have missed all you guys and the good old days so I rejoined the site. Thanks JD, Russ!

Lenny

Howdy folks! Long time No see. Russ reached out to me recently and mentioned this thread and just so happened I was thinking recently about this site. It’s where it all began when I was an avid sledded and addicted to the UP. Anyways, I really have missed all you guys and the good old days so I rejoined the site. Thanks JD, Russ!
I did talk to Mr.Freeze today about this site and we reminisced a bit. Not sure if we’ll see him back but he’s a very cool guy although not sleddin these days. He’s got a business, young family so he’s very committed to that.