Starting a sled after you roll it?

hemi_newman

I was out riding the ditches yesterday and had to get down to the road..the berms the plows left are 5-7ft tall right now...anywho in the process i layed the sled on her side and hit the kill switch right away...I tried starting it right away after getting her flipped back over and would not come to life...waited about 2-3mins to catch my breath still wouldn't go...so I held the throttle wide open..took about 5 pulls to get her to fire..do they flood out when the roll over? I am riding a 03 summit 700.

srt20

Gas drained out of the carbs.

We roll them over all the time out west. Quicker than digging them out. Carb sleds take a few pulls, WOT helps, EFI sleds start first pull.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what happens. My 07 600 rmk was a pain in the arse to get started after I rolled it to get unstuck.

doospunk

That's what happens. My 07 600 rmk was a pain in the arse to get started after I rolled it to get unstuck.

Think mine spent as much time upside down as right side up last trip...... Love the Etec. One pull, and go. (2 pulls once in a while..:)

blutooth

5 pulls is nothing for a carbed Doo! Try it out west after huffing and puffing in your helmet for 10 minutes rolling, followed by 20 plus pulls with little oxygen! that right there is one of main reasons I went EFI with the ProRMK! Also don't worry about running a 2S upside down. As long as the throttle stays clean nothing is going to happen.